I.D. Models C-133 Cargomaster

Detached the rudder halves from the tail, filled the "wide" end with laminated plastic card, sanded to shape and scribed the trim tab. Also constructed an insert with the hinge tabs for the part of the tail that is still attached to the fuselage.

:giles:

Darius

C133_93.jpg

C133_94.jpg

C133_95.jpg

Some beeyootius engineering, Darius. Words hardly do justice. I'm curious - what is your occupation in "real life?"

Some beeyootius engineering, Darius. Words hardly do justice. I'm curious - what is your occupation in "real life?"

As you probably suspected I am an engineer by profession - civil/structural.

Darius

Got some paint onto the port fusleage interior and printed the decal sheet. I will be modelling C-133A tail no. 40143 "State of Delaware" of the 1067th ATW(MATS) as stationed at Dover AFB in the late 1950s.

Darius

C133_105.jpg

C133_106.jpg

C133_107.jpg

C133_Decal.jpg

Marked out the cockpit windows. Looks like the nose joint is a bit on the skew!!! Cut out the starboard windows - will re check the port window mark-out later before cutting them out - better safe than sorry. Instead of using the complete clear(ish) vac formed forwrd top fuselage that came with the kit I intend to glaze each window individually. I have now glued the cockpit interior and forward cargo floor into the starboard fuselage. Just some details to add to the rear starboard and the rear floor and then I should be ready to glue the fuelage halves together.

Darius

C133_113.jpg

C133_114.jpg

C133_115.jpg

C133_116.jpg

C133_117.jpg

C133_118.jpg

C133_119.jpg

C133_120.jpg

C133_121.jpg

I am very envious, I especially like all the scratch built interior, I sense though that you may be a professional model maker on the side as well as being an Engineer (Calculator gives it away as well).

Calculator gives it away as well

I have a calulator on my workbench too (velcroed to the wall for easy access ;) ), but that doesn't make me a professional model maker! :lol:

Seriously good work on the scratchbuilt interior Darius... very impressive. :worthy: Could I make one comment on the painting though? If that were me, I'd give it a squirt of matt varnish before sealing it up forever :)

I am very envious, I especially like all the scratch built interior, I sense though that you may be a professional model maker on the side as well as being an Engineer (Calculator gives it away as well).

Thanks Kev. I am not a professional modeller, although I have had a few requests to do paid commission work and make models for a US model making company - all of which I have turned down. I make models for fun and relaxation only. I have made the odd model for friends for no fee...

Darius

Could I make one comment on the painting though? If that were me, I'd give it a squirt of matt varnish before sealing it up forever :)

Thanks Mike, good point - I have a large can of matt varnish (good value buy from a fantasy wargaming site - that unfortunately still send me emails to buy drawfs and trolls) that I intend to use once the Halfords paint has had a few days to cure - gives a Ford Granada vinyl hard top finish if you spray the matt too soon.

darius

Thanks Mike, good point - I have a large can of matt varnish (good value buy from a fantasy wargaming site - that unfortunately still send me emails to buy drawfs and trolls) that I intend to use once the Halfords paint has had a few days to cure - gives a Ford Granada vinyl hard top finish if you spray the matt too soon.

darius

Smashin'! I think it'll look even better then. Have you any plans for some cargo? :)

Smashin'! I think it'll look even better then. Have you any plans for some cargo? :)

I have a 1:48 Mach 2 Thor Missile kit in the stash that would be appropriate for an Atlantic seabord based C-133, but being a Mach 2 kit it will probably be harder to build than the C-133... I would also need to scratch build a missile trailer - doable but not by the 28th February. Still if there were to be a month's extension...

Darius