Major Motoko kusanagi

Paul B

This is Major Motoko Kusanagi from Japanese special forces section 9 - From the Anime Ghost in the Shell Stand Alone Complex TV series. The chara design varies slightly between the two movies and the TV series and here she is in 1/24 scale, a perfect match for the Tachikoma.

m1.jpg

m2.jpg

the Head is only dry fitted and will be kept seporate until it's all painted..

Edited by Paul B

Done the initial prime then sand bit and have applied a second coat of primer ready for a final look over to see if I've missed anybits. Just about to make a start on sanding the barrel...

You'll be needing some strong shelves in your new apartment to keep all these heavy resin kits on... and a second mortgage to pay for more! ;)

Hmm this looks like an interesting kit...where might I find one? :huh:

Actually...might you have a recommendation for a good resin figure kit for me to start out on? I have lots of experience with resin....and plastic figures. Looking for a 'female' subject...;):D

Here is the what the finished article should look like - The old base from the spider tank build and the Tachikoma model. The photo is the promo one that comes with the kit and your only build guide for the kit :)

m3.jpg

Edited by Paul B

Started the barrel yesterday, including a custum made warning sign created on MS Word :D

b_1-1.jpg

not sure if I'm going to do it as a rusty barrel or just a dirty one :hmmm:

Edited by Paul B

• 2 weeks later...

Epson gloss photo paper stuck on using PVA glue :D

Painted the face & eyes (four times <_< ), the hair and am half way through painting the main body - might have it completed by Sunday night.

Finished painting the head/hair and joined them together. On the body, the skin is painted, clothes are painted and am now working on her boots then just the gloves to do - Then some more work on the barrell...

Those eyes look pretty good... has she turned into some kind of snail woman? :lol:

btw - don't leave that blutak/putty on your barrel, as it might affect the paint finish :S

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...