Star Wars stuff.

I got some new SW stuff this week, so I thought I'd share some pics.

The highlight was this big beasty in 48th scale. :coolio:

AT-AT.jpg

AT-AT2.jpg

AT-AT3.jpg

Anyone recognise the engine pieces?. ;)

AT-AT6.jpg

Here's a comparison with the old MPC kit.

AT-AT4.jpg

I was still drooling over all the bits, when I had 4 of these guys turn up as well.

AT-AT7.jpg

I've got quite a few diorama ideas for these, just gotta decide if I'm gonna light 'em or not.

No you are correct. :thumbsup2:

ILM used the engine bits from the Airfix 24th Harrier when building the AT-AT filming miniatures.

In fact a hell of a lot of Airfix stuff was used to detail the Star Wars models.(for instance,if you look on the wings of the Y-wing, you can see the Merlin engine halves from the 24th Hurri).

perhaps originally at the ILM, but, no way do they resemble a R/R Pegasus :oops:

Well, they were modified a bit, not used as is.

AT-AT8.jpg

The guy who mastered this kit used the engine from the old Revell 32nd Harrier.

Wooo! :analintruder: Love the AT-AT - where from, and how much? :wub:

I was thinking that as well but I can almost hear my wallet trying to find a hiding place.

Wooo! :analintruder: Love the AT-AT - where from, and how much? :wub:
I was thinking that as well but I can almost hear my wallet trying to find a hiding place.

Well, I wont lie......it's wasn't cheap. In fact it's the single most expensive kit I've ever bought (and I've got a few pricey ones as it is.).

I thought about it very carefully (for a whole day :) ), before I commited to buying. But, I'm a Star Wars nut and this is the AT-AT for gawds sake, so I couldn't resist.

It also came from Starship modeller. They did a limited run of 25, so at the moment it's oop.

But, as I understand it, they are considering doing another run, maybe later in the year.

If you are interested, I'll keep you informed if they decide to go ahead.

Btw, I don't know if you Knew this already, but Revell are about to release a new kit of the AT-AT. It's not as big and some of the detail looks a little crude (at the rear end),but with a bit of work, it should look pretty good.

I plan on picking one up, to do a crashed version.

Here's a link to a German site that has some PICS

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I can remember watching the original "Battlestar Galactoca" and there was some stuff on the sponsons from the Hasegawa Morser Karl, though I'm wondering whether the kit was actually released after BSG came out in 1978.

There's a spaceship at the end of the truly dire "Saturn 3" that is the 1/24 Harrier fuselage with mods!