Conningsby guards

Phartycr0c

Yup, those are indeed 6 sqdn markings, although i wouldnt go as far as to say she has been defaced!

I would agree with my learned friend......the fin flash and squadron code have been painted on by an idiot! Check the angle for starters and the H is in the wrong position. It looks like the Canopeners have been given a new CAP duty too. What a shame.

Don't get me started on the Lightning.

Nice photos!

DSC_0508.jpg

DSC_0512.jpg

Ummm confused.com

XR753 was an F3????? Shown here as an F-6?

11 Sqdn my old sqdn NEVER operated from Conno!

LTF DID when Binners runway closed for repairs (in the the words of Max Boyce " I was there")

Confused as to RED bullit and why nose intake cover pins appear on nose fuselage sides????

The Tonka looks like it is on the approach to the Guard Room by Baxter Close (Yes I lived at #5 when my late father was a Crew chief on Vulcan XM655 in the rearly 60's.

The lightning looks to posed more 'secure' side?

Can't see the Phantom serial no to well?

Did 3 tours/times at Conno

1/ When my old man was on Vulcans 9Sqdn

2/ As a dispersal site from Binbrook with LTF

3/ Post my fitters course on Eng bay based at Woodall Spa prior to my Bruggen posting.

Adrian

Edited by atdb27

Ummm confused.com

XR753 was an F3????? Shown here as an F-6?

11 Sqdn my old sqdn NEVER operated from Conno!

LTF DID when Binners runway closed for repairs (in the the words of Max Boyce " I was there")

Confused as to RED bullit and why nose intake cover pins appear on nose fuselage sides????

The Tonka looks like it is on the approach to the Guard Room by Baxter Close (Yes I lived at #5 when my late father was a Crew chief on Vulcan XM655 in the rearly 60's.

The lightning looks to posed more 'secure' side?

Can't see the Phantom serial no to well?

Did 3 tours/times at Conno

1/ When my old man was on Vulcans 9Sqdn

2/ As a dispersal site from Binbrook with LTF

3/ Post my fitters course on Eng bay based at Woodall Spa prior to my Bruggen posting.

Adrian

The FGR2 is XT891

The Lightning F3 is the same airframe that Clarkson 'borrowed' for his garden for a couple of weeks - he never owned it - urban myth no.5872090363

The F3 has a note in respect of the ASRAAM's in effect saying they were donated for decoration, thats on the plaque in front of the display. Likewise the Phantom and the Lightning. I should really have taken a phot of each plaque which explained the ac's service history.

The lightning did indeed follow 11 sqdn to CBY when they relocated and they took the Binbrook gate guard with them. I know the red nose does look really out of place.

I popped the phots on as these cannot easilly be seen from any public area.

The Lightning is IX(F)'s (or does it belong to the association??), and moved to CGY with them from Leeming. ISTR that there was some reason for the red nose, but can't recall what it was.

Some photos of the move are at:

http://forum.keypublishing.co.uk/showthread.php?t=50656

The Tornado is also 'wrong' - 229OCU markings with ASRAAM....

Can't see the photos. Shame that.

Tony :clif:

• 2 months later...