Welcome to the Canberra GB

Derek,

Yes that would be a great idea, just waiting for a suitable gallery to be set up in the GB Forum as Im not at home, but I will be home tonight and without net access until Monday afternoon :pray:

Ollie, good show Ol' Chap, looking forwards to seeing what you come up with :thumbsup2:

Bexy

Edited by bexwh773
Hindsight is wonderful LoL

Hi all I would like to contribute as well, mine will be a Matchbox PR 9 largely OOB. hope this is ok .If I have enough time I will also do one of the 1/48 Airfix ones in my stash.

Best wishes

Charlie

Bex, Peebeep, Tim, I have some Airfix Canberras to build. Is it too late to join in please? I've got a B2 and a B(I)8 very nearly finished but also have another B2, 2 PR9's and a B(I)8 to choose from. I should be able to start after the Coventry show on Sunday week.

Tony :clif:

• 4 weeks later...

Okay, so I know I'm months behind everyone else, any chance of me joining in the fun? I'm thinking PR3, I have an old Aeroclub front fuselage and nose conversion designed for the Italeri B57, however, I'd try fix it to an old 70's Airfix kit (of which I have about half a dozen!!) I'm thinking mid 50's 540sqn in MSG over PR Blue

. . . Kes

Okay, so I know I'm months behind everyone else, any chance of me joining in the fun? I'm thinking PR3, I have an old Aeroclub front fuselage and nose conversion designed for the Italeri B57, however, I'd try fix it to an old 70's Airfix kit (of which I have about half a dozen!!) I'm thinking mid 50's 540sqn in MSG over PR Blue

. . . Kes

As long as its not WE139 youre most welcome :whistle:

Bexy

Never too late mate and you have until the 14th October to finish.

I've not started mine yet :blush:

It's Airfix's fault, I'm still waiting for the new 1/72 kits to appear :angry:

I might buy something else at Legends tomorrow.

peebeep

Gotcha!! Took me a while, but now I realise, Ha! okay, no probs,I'll do WE142!!

. . . Kes

WE139 is the only PR3 I dont like................ go back to October 1953 :whistle:

Bexy

• 3 weeks later...
It's Airfix's fault, I'm still waiting for the new 1/72 kits to appear

You and me both - I've got a Model Alliance decal sheet for Indian Cranberries thats impatiently drumming its fingers waiting for a B(I).8

• 2 weeks later...

I was looking for the 'Rules' but haven't found them yet as I have a project in mind which might fit into this GB, can someone point me in the right direction please. I was wondering if a 'What-If' Canberra would be allowed and whether I can still join in with the little bit of work I've started on already. I'm using a Matchbox PR.9 as a base kit.

Cheers,

Robert

Edited by kitnut617

All I've done so far is to glue the wings together and cut some holes in the fuselage for the changes I'm planning but it will be a bit more extreme than the one Deanflyer is doing. I'm planning on doing a STOVL Canberra using Harrier fuselages for engine nacelles as there were some RW projects planned and started using this method.

Robert

• 3 weeks later...

I have been putting together an Airfix 1/72 PR.9 together this weekend....so I guess I am in.

DSC00032Large-1.jpg

The fit is marvellous compared to the horrendous Xtrakit Canberra which I abandoned last year.

Van

• 4 weeks later...
Welcome to the Canberra Anniversary Group Build, that also commemorates our friend Les Bywaters.

Your hosts for this GB are Bex, Tim Raven and myself.

If your planning a build, then state your interest here - there's enough kits current and a couple in the pipe line to keep everybody happy, no excuses now! We're still formulating the rules, but these should be pretty relaxed (if I have anything to do with it!) and I would think as long as the box says Canberra somewhere it should be OK - unless it's a ship! I would also think commenced builds will be OK provided they're not too far advanced. If you can't wait to get onto it, start up a build thread and away you go.

peebeep

Hiya Lads and Lasses. At present I have nine canberras in 1/48 scale, on the work bench. The most advanced is a T17 conversion, followed by a T22, B2mod, an SC9, T11/19 and a B(!)8, T4, PR9 and a bog standard B6. The T17 is ready for the wings having completed the nose and tail. this one will be finished in a 1980's grey and green. The SC9 will be in hemp. I am taking photos now to document the various build states and will post when I get the hang of downloadin onto the site. I have neglected my modelling of ate to produce the conversion kits , much to my dismay.

Steve

• 1 year later...

About that build of the B2,

Did you encounter any fit problems with the cockpit itself (the navugator's panel /desk and, subsequently, the fit of the cockpit into the fuselage?

It may be that I am creating problems but any comments or directions to a thread or build review (cannot find one for the B2 anywhere) would be appreciated.

Regards,

Michael

Hi all,

Wondering if this would be eligible for the GB? It's the Airfix 1/48 B(2) which I'm intending to build as WD952, the Olympus engine testbed which broke the altitude record in 1953. A GB could be just the impetus I need to actually get on with it! It might be a bit borderline for the 25% rule, as the cockpit is done, the control surfaces are together and the stabilisers have been scribed:

canberra1.jpg

Still a long way to go though, but I'll accept the Mods' decision on this either way.

If not I'll join in anyway with Plan B, which is another Deanflyer original, but some might call it Canberra Blasphemy! More details as and when it becomes necessary...

Cheers,

Dean

• 1 month later...