Welcome to the Canberra GB

Welcome to the Canberra Anniversary Group Build, that also commemorates our friend Les Bywaters.

Your hosts for this GB are Bex, Tim Raven and myself.

If your planning a build, then state your interest here - there's enough kits current and a couple in the pipe line to keep everybody happy, no excuses now! We're still formulating the rules, but these should be pretty relaxed (if I have anything to do with it!) and I would think as long as the box says Canberra somewhere it should be OK - unless it's a ship! I would also think commenced builds will be OK provided they're not too far advanced. If you can't wait to get onto it, start up a build thread and away you go.

peebeep

Edited by bexwh773
Typo

Surprise, surprise...I'm in! :yahoo:

Mine will be an Airfix 1/48th B2 in 85 Squadron markings. I've got the airframe together and hope that this will be OK as an entry. I've stalled a bit with the canopy dilemma...do I use the slightly 'flat' kit offering or stall for time waiting for an aftermarket offering?

Depending on time, (and the availabilty of the Two Mikes tail correction set), I might go for a T11 conversion too if I can sort a new nose for it.

Anyway, thanks for getting this off the ground.

Rich

I should be in with a 1/72 PR.9 once I get my mits on the hopefully-soon-to-be-released Airfix kit :)

Depending on how the move to Portugal goes...( :yikes: ) I might be in for a MK 8 in either Chilean or Venezuelan markings!

Christian the Married

I'm in with a Rhodesian Airforce Canberra B2 circa 1978, Airfix 1/48. I havent started it at all, and will build it in conjunction with my SAAF Canny

Mike

Right, as Paul said, we'll keep the rules very simple:

Les Bywaters Memorial Canberra Groupbuild

28th May - 14th October

Aircraft must be a Canberra, any mark, scheme or nationality.

Kit preferably less than 25% started- This however is flexible due to the original start date, just ask one of the GB mods if unsure :)

Builder must have FUN :jump_fire:

Now... GO! :pilot:

Edited by timraven1992

This is a good start so far :yahoo: Im gonna enjoy watching your build Paul, Ive built that one and it was hilarious :tapedshut:

I have a choice of either B2, B (i)8 & PR9 in 48th, a B(i)6 & 2 x B57B's in 72nd, just need to sort out some decals for a couple of plans I have bouncing around the Bexy Braincell.

Bex

I'll get some banners made up as well if people are interested...

I was going to do one, but anybody else that wants to put one together, go for it! We can pin a banners thread so that folks can choose if they want to add one to their sig.

peebeep

I'm IN!! My first BM Group Build!

Airfix 1/48th PR9

I'll get some banners made up as well if people are interested...

Chris

I was going to do one, but anybody else that wants to put one together, go for it! We can pin a banners thread so that folks can choose if they want to add one to their sig.

peebeep

Sounds like a plan :cheers:

Tim

Just done a quick few "generic" banners....... with the img tags needed for your signatures. Add [ in front of first img and ] after last one.....

CAGB1.jpg

img]http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b321/cfleet/CAGB1.jpg[/img

CAGB2.jpg

img]http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b321/cfleet/CAGB2.jpg[/img

CAGB3.jpg

img]http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b321/cfleet/CAGB3.jpg[/img

Any other requests? (and no i dont sing!) ;)

Chris

Edited by bexwh773
Ignore me I cant read

Just done a quick few "generic" banners.......

CAGB2.jpg

Any other requests? (and no i dont sing!) ;)

Chris

I LIKE this one..how do we pin them to our sig?? sorry to ask silly question, but this my first GB EVER!!

Edited by kspriss

Hi all,

Wondering if this would be eligible for the GB? It's the Airfix 1/48 B(2) which I'm intending to build as WD952, the Olympus engine testbed which broke the altitude record in 1953. A GB could be just the impetus I need to actually get on with it! It might be a bit borderline for the 25% rule, as the cockpit is done, the control surfaces are together and the stabilisers have been scribed:

canberra1.jpg

Still a long way to go though, but I'll accept the Mods' decision on this either way.

If not I'll join in anyway with Plan B, which is another Deanflyer original, but some might call it Canberra Blasphemy! More details as and when it becomes necessary...

Cheers,

Dean

I'd say thats fine Dean, especially because the GB started a bit late.

Crack on :whip:

And another Dean original would be much appreciated by BM methinks! :bleh:

Cheers

Tim

Hi all,

Wondering if this would be eligible for the GB? It's the Airfix 1/48 B(2) which I'm intending to build as WD952, the Olympus engine testbed which broke the altitude record in 1953. A GB could be just the impetus I need to actually get on with it! It might be a bit borderline for the 25% rule, as the cockpit is done, the control surfaces are together and the stabilisers have been scribed:

canberra1.jpg

Still a long way to go though, but I'll accept the Mods' decision on this either way.

If not I'll join in anyway with Plan B, which is another Deanflyer original, but some might call it Canberra Blasphemy! More details as and when it becomes necessary...

Cheers,

Dean

I'd say thats fine Dean, especially because the GB started a bit late.

Crack on :whip:

And another Dean original would be much appreciated by BM methinks! :bleh:

Cheers

Tim

Im with Tim, especially knowing what that beast looks like, so fire away Dean :thumbsup2:

Bexy