Supermarine Seafang (1:48 Falcon Vacform)

I think this might be the quickest completion for a model for me... scary really, as it's a vacform, and needed a complete set of cockpit & wheel bay details fabricating before I could even begin to think about closing it up. Of course, Wooksta helped with a few spare parts (and those prop decals), Colin @ Freightdog also helped with some pewter parts from the Silver Cloud kit, and Colin S-K provided a CD full of pics & refs. Edgar also contributed a few bits & bobs too. Thank you gentlemen ;)

This kit was built for the vacform Group Build currently running on the forums, so if you fancy learning a new skill, feel free to join up, as you've got until the end of the year to get your entry done :)

finished2.jpg

finished3.jpg

finished4.jpg

finished5.jpg

finished6.jpg

You can see the build thread here if you're interested. :)

• Like 2

Nice build in such a short time :clap2:

What have you been taking? :frantic::hmmm:

Special vacformers' vitamin supplements. They calm you when you get frustrated ^_^

Special vacformers' vitamin supplements. They calm you when you get frustrated ^_^

I could do with those for straight forward modelling!

Well I don't know how fast it was, but that looks superb Boss....

Oh BTW would you mind sharing some of that stuff I could use a bottle or three...... :rolleyes:

Well I don't know how fast it was, but that looks superb Boss....

Oh BTW would you mind sharing some of that stuff I could use a bottle or three...... :rolleyes:

Three weeks 1 day, I think. The GB started on the 1st May :) Fish oil Clif - Omega 3, 4 & 6 ;)

Nice job Mike, three weeks eh, .and a vacform to boot! :jump_fire: !...lummy what next ?, something in the water up there or too much time on your hands.... :winkgrin: ?

Funnily enough, I was thinking back to see what it was that made the build so quick, and I couldn't really think of much that has changed in the last month. It'll be nice if I can keep up the impetus through the year, but I have a heavy schedule of master-making ahead of me this year. :shrug:

Sweet stuff Mike, lovely build of a great looking aircraft :thumbsup:

:goodjob:

Cheers Shaun/Sean/Shawn, Ted :)

Great stuff Mike, really like that one, and you completed it faster than it's taking me to paint my latest creation.

Cheers

Den

Well done,Mike. :speak_cool::thumbsup:

Good to see that the occasional Vacform DOES get made !!

Cheers,Bazza

Well done,Mike. :speak_cool::thumbsup:

Good to see that the occasional Vacform DOES get made !!

Cheers,Bazza

I love vacforms... Good ones, though. Ones that fit together & actually look like they're supposed to. :)

Thanks for the kind words chaps ;)

Mike, great build, havn't even started my entry for this one, and your finished!!

Get on with it, that man! :fight:

Good stuff, contra-props are always good to see. :thumbsup:

I have a bit of a love affair with 'em myself :blush: