fletcher class

plimsol

well into my revell i/144 fletcher class but unable to identify the piece of equipment that goes on the main deck just aft and below the rear set of torpedeo tubes, it looks like a gatling gun or similar, can anyone enlighten me?

• 3 months later...
Hi Plimsol

Im thinking about buying this kit, but havent got a clue what colours to use as i find revell colour matches/mix ups difficulf to do.

Robert :)

The USN Measure 12 mod,had navy blue/Ocean Gray hull,and Haze gray/Ocean Gray upperworks,along with deck blue for all decks.All these colours are available from the WEM Colourcoates range

Regards Phil

I don't know if you are aware but there is a site www.shipcamouflage.com that provides detailed information on warship camouflage. It includes details on the various USN Measures and there rationale it also contains a database listing the measures carried by date of each of the USN warships during WWII. There are a few blanks but it's pretty comprehensive. If you are particularly interested in USN warships it's well worth a look .It was set up by John Snyder and Randy Short.

Malcolm.