Heinkel He-111 H-6

Here she is finished then, the excellent Revell/Hasegawa He-111. A superb kit all round, with great fit and detail- I've only needed to add some belts to the seats. Build thread is here for those interested.

DSCF1104.jpg

DSCF1106.jpg

DSCF1107.jpg

DSCF1108.jpg

DSCF1109.jpg

DSCF1110.jpg

DSCF1111.jpg

DSCF1112.jpg

DSCF1113.jpg

DSCF1114.jpg

DSCF1115.jpg

DSCF1117.jpg

DSCF1118.jpg

DSCF1119.jpg

Had a real blast building this one, so hope you enjoy it as much as I did. All comments welcomed

Cheers

Shaun :)

Love it. Especially like the winter camo scheme.

Perhaps it just doesn't show very well in the pictures, but those tyres look awfully clean seeing as it's obviously seen some action judging by the exhaust stains and paint chipping.

beautiful work Shaun :thumsup:

would concur with Jase FWIW the insignia are probably not scrufffed up/ with that painted around look

but she is so gorgeous you have every right to just stick your fingers in your ears and say " :tease: " :lol:

really impressed by the distemper paint work :wub:

Every one's a winner with you at the moment Shaun, looks fantastic!

I'm no expert but that paintjob looks very good indeed, you must be extremely chuffed with that one.

Al

Thanks for the great feedback guys, much appreciated ^_^

Perhaps it just doesn't show very well in the pictures, but those tyres look awfully clean seeing as it's obviously seen some action judging by the exhaust stains and paint chipping.

You're right about the tyres. I thought about weathering them, but didn't know what the best way to do it was. Then, in the excitement of final assembly, I just plain forgot! :doh: I may or may not weather them later on- don't want to go ruining the thing now :D

you must be extremely chuffed with that one.

Cheers buddy, if I'm honest I'm dead chuffed with how she's turned out. Easily my best model to date :)

Thanks again

Cheers

Mate that 'einkel is everything the kit maker thought and wanted 'er to be....very good job a real show stopper.

Excellent build, Shaun, very nice. The mottle and weathering are top notch.

I do have one little niggle, though. You have painted the area under the upper gunners canopy with the interior colour. This in incorrect. It should be painted with the exterior colours.

Otherwise, as far as build and painting technique, I bow to your superiority.

Ah shucks, thanks very much guys. Anymore praise and i'll struggle to get my head through the door! :lol:

I do have one little niggle, though. You have painted the area under the upper gunners canopy with the interior colour. This in incorrect. It should be painted with the exterior colours

Bugger.....the instructions were not very clear as to how this area should be painted, so I just assumed it would be RLM 02. Not much I can do about it now, but lesson learned! It's also been brought to my attention elsewhere that a late war He-111 would have had wooden props, which is annoying given I've chipped them :shithappens:

Thanks again, you're all much too kind

Cheers

Outstanding job! I know the kit and is 1st class, but i think your work on it is even better. I love the delicate painting (very difficult camouflage scheme!), and the little details like the silvered scratches in the propellers. For me is just a top build! Congratulations! :clap2:

Greetings from Spain. TRUSKY1965.

really nice - like that a lot!

As above but particularly like the exhaust stains back on the tail-planes.

well done!

cheers

Rick

Once again gents, thanks very much for the kind words, I'm humbled :worthy:

It's probably a good job I have the rest of the week off work, gives my head some time to deflate! :D

Thanks again