1:32 Lockheed EC-121K Constellation/Warning Star

I'll bring some gold stars to Telford Mike :bleh:

Come on Iain... do some more work on it... I'll forego my gold stars if you finish it for Telford :)

Yeah - right - all I need - a bl**dy comedian! ;)

There will be some progress - I promise - but my magnum opus for this year is the Ju-52 - I *really* daren't get sidetracked 'cos I'm really BAD at doing that :(

Iain

Edited by 32SIG

There will be some progress - I promise - but my magnum opus for this year is the Ju-52 - I *really* daren't get sidetracked 'cos I'm really BAD at doing that :(

Same here. I was a butterfly brain before the ME - I'm flippin' terrible now! :mental:

It'll be at Telford though, right? Even if it's not finished?

It'll be at Telford though, right? Even if it's not finished?

It will indeedy :)

And I'm expecting to be ribbed mercilessly about it all weekend! :banghead:

But I'm hoping to be able to refer to a completed Ju-52 as exhibit 'A' for the defence m'Lud... ;)

Iain

Edited by 32SIG

• 1 month later...

Iain,

Why are you so slow nowadays ????? I remember when you would finish a 1/72 Vacformed four engined Russian bomber in a week ..... AND you've had this on the go for 9 years ? Old age must be catching up with you, even faster than Edgar !!! Duck and hide ...............

'V'

Sorry folks - family crisis and building works at home - everything's gone FUBAR at the moment...

Ju-52 on hold too...

Ah the Petlyakov for SAM - that was a loooong time ago... :(

Iain

Hi - yes - I remember talking to you!

Still haven't found that Hawkeye - I must have sold it at some point...

Will you be at Telford this year?

Iain

Hi Iain,

i don"t have found Hawkeye at this time.

Do you have keep yours example ?

I go this year at Telford.

Cheers

SPang

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Hi Iain,

i don"t have found Hawkeye at this time.

Do you have keep yours example ?

I go this year at Telford.

Cheers

SPang

Hi there!

Still have the spare fuselage - but not found the complete one I add - I suspect it found a new home a few years ago in one of my clearouts :(

See you at Telford!

This will BE AWSOME when complete

hope everything gets back on track with ya soon.

Gonna be great to see!

Thanks Dave...

Everything still up in the air - but have done a bit of modelling - not much on the Connie though.

Iain

Yup - it's mad ;)

We live in an old barn - one end of which houses two garages - the upstairs of which provide storage at present - but at some stage will form a display area. Got to finish the kitchen first!! :hobbyhorse:

Here's a view from today whilst I progress on the 1:32 Ju-52:

153uboat0052.JPG

On a patio that is - for today at least - Vac Central:

153uboat0053.JPG

Am feeling motivated again at the moment - watch this space! ;)

Iain

How can I not help but think that if you crossed this thread with the "Neighbors Cat in Our Garden" thread that all hell would break loose?

That is quite an impressive project, which probably even calls for a plan to move it indoors or out. It will be interesting to see how it all progresses - nicely so far. Lots of unique challenges I'm sure due to it's size.

• 1 month later...

Hi,

I confirm that i come to Telford this week-end and hope to see you.

Hope to have time to have some discussions about Hawkeye.

Cheers

SPang

• 2 weeks later...

OK - we're back on... :boxing:

Partly spurred by the KUTA II (and I surely need a large one of those!) group build and three 'Eureka' moments in last week - I'm cracking on again.

1: Post Telford we now know someone that can cut masks from drawings I'll do for spraying the markings.

2: I've found a ton of useful material from a full size restoration of the Museum of Flight Connie: http://www.rbogash.com/connie.html These weren't available when I started.

3: Was wondering how the h*ll I make convincing wheel hubs (along with a few other tricky Items). Have now found a few companies that could do 1 off photo-etch for me (at a cost!). I've just ordered the 1:72 etch set for the Heller Connie to help with the shape of some parts - but will be drawing up artwork for full photo-etch in brass for Undercarriage bays, undercart/wheels/doors, instrument panels, engineer station, internal details - and - if I can get good photo's and drawings - the flaps and flap tracks. A *lot* of work - but could be fun and could really lift the end result.

May even do a few items for the Ju 52. But suspect we're looking at a couple of A4 frets at least for Connie!!

And have spent over 4 hours today consolidating/adding to my stash of reference material...

More updates/images soon... :pilot:

Iain

Edited by 32SIG

Probably won't work too well as it will, no doubt, allow for the plastic wall thicknesses in the Heller kit - but - yes - as it's for my own use I'll scan them to get rough shapes then out with profile gauge, drawings and photo's...

Just been re-acquainting myself with this beauty of a book (well - the English print version):

515C2W5VC5L._SS500_.jpg

Iain

Edited by 32SIG

Iain,

I too am a big Connie fan and can't wait to see you complete this one. I have several Warning Star and EC-121 pics I've gleened over the years mostly from the web that you are welcome to if you want them on a disk. Here's a few photos of my Heller conversion I did a few years ago to spur you on.

P1010058.jpg

P1010057.jpg

P1010015.jpg

P1010013.jpg

Hope that got your juices flowing!

Cheers

Ian S.

Thanks Ian - great model! :)

Have photo's of just about everything now - but what I really need are detailed images of the flap area - flaps, actuators, rails and wing structure so I can draw up the artwork for the photoetch parts...

May try and get down to the Science Museum one at Wroughton (a civvie Super Connie - but flap should be the same).

Iain

Edited by 32SIG

Thanks Ian - great model! :)

Have photo's of just about everything now - but what I really need are detailed images of the flap area - flaps, actuators, rails and wing structure so I can draw up the artwork for the photoetch parts...

May try and get down to the Science Museum one at Wroughton (a civvie Super Connie - but flap should be the same).

Iain

Hi Iain,

I have some detail pics from the Breitling Connie if you want.

i'm happy to see you at Telford.

Cheers

SPang

Hi all - latest update:

1:72 Etch set has arrived - covers some good stuff and will be a great help (images from Hannants website - http://www.hannants.co.uk):

EX72146.jpgEX72146_1.jpg

Also - have had some great help from a number of forums on the flaps - with some excellent photos

of the flap/underwing areas and drawings - so I now know the exact size of each flap.

Plan is to spend some time this weekend making a start on the drawings for the 1:32 photo etch.

Iain

Edited by 32SIG