Martin Handasyde

Hello guys,i poped into my local charity shop this morning and found an inpact kit of a Martin Handasyde.Can any one tell me anything about this kit please.Its obviously a very old box wth Those Magnificent Flying Machines splashed all over it.Its all there and for £1.50 i think i have found a bargain,Are they very collectable,does it go into the stash or should it go on evil bay.Cheers ...Neil

You'll certainly make a profit on eBay. If the box is in good nick, you might get a collector bidding, otherwise a lot of us are looking for these kits to build, so I imagine there'd be a few bidders. 10-15 quid seems to be about what the "Magnificent Men" kits go for...

Personally, if I find bargain kits in a charity shop (which is a pretty rare occurrence), I take it as a hint that I was "meant" to have it, no matter what the subject or scale. So if I were you, I'd add it to my stash, and use it as an opportunity to move outside my "comfort zone". Think of it as a great kit that cost you £1.50, not about how much you might make selling it on eBay... ;-)

bestest,

M.

I built one a few years ago and found it to be a really great kit. All I really needed to do was to add a little detail to the engine, replace the seat and wheels with some etched brass ones. I still have the kit and it is definitely one of my favorites. Go on, build the thing and enjoy it.

martin

Hello guys,i poped into my local charity shop this morning and found an inpact kit of a Martin Handasyde.Can any one tell me anything about this kit please.Its obviously a very old box wth Those Magnificent Flying Machines splashed all over it.Its all there and for £1.50 i think i have found a bargain,Are they very collectable,does it go into the stash or should it go on evil bay.Cheers ...Neil

Thence the later company Martinsyde.

John