Federation Trade Tank

Hi there, firstly I'd like to apologise to all the Star Wars purists out there for this take on theTrade Federation Tank! :whistle:

I had this old kit given to me a while back and it just laid in the back of the attic, unloved and probably never to see the light of day, until I put it all together, primed and undercoated it half heartedly and returned it to the black hole that is my attic!.Then I had a bit of free time over the last few days and dug it up, quick blast with the airbrush and oil washes, few spare decals and hey presto the start of a large diorama idea I have featuring various AFV's from different periods in time. Like everything though it's getting rather complex and LARGE... :frantic:

Anyway when and if' it ever gets finished I'll post it here,

Hope you like it and thanks for looking...just a bit of fun and light relief,

Das General... :banghead:

P1040835Medium.jpg

P1040831Medium.jpg

P1040824Medium.jpg

P1040826Medium.jpg

P1040828Medium.jpg

P1040836Medium.jpg

Thought I'd pose my Verlinden 'driver' with it as he's the right scale and looks suitably butch... :cowboy:

P1040842Medium.jpg

P1040849-1Medium.jpg

P1040834Medium.jpg

P1040848Medium.jpg

P1040838Medium.jpg

P1040839Medium.jpg

Cheers fellas,

The Force must have been with you.

It was last night , I had a very dodgy Chicken Tandoori, I think the chicken was still alive, put up a hell of a fight....and it won,...won't go there !!

Walrus, that's exactly what the ironing lady/cleaner/janitor/servant/wife said just this morning,,,found her trying to fit a plug to it !! :analintruder:

Nice work as usual Melchie... I just can't get that excited about the later films & their hardware... is it old age? :pipe:

Mike, I'm older than you ...and I quite like them so maybe, just maybe it's something else ..... :whistle:......... :bleh:

Seriously though could it be anything to do with the fact that most of these are CGI and don't really exist in material form as opposed to the earlier cardboard, discarded yoghurt tub and sticky back paper models in earlier films? or is just that the shape and form doesn't grab you ?.....a right old dilemma...!!

Nice job General, like the finish & weathering!

Still think the 'fighter jock' will look better posed with that tooled up Reliant Robin you promised us. Surely it can't be that difficult for a man of your talents to scratchbuild one..... :whistle::lol:

Keef

Guest snipersmudge

looks smashing old pumpkin, love the camo. One of our club members has built a few of these, the best one he did was a recovery version. I enjoyed looking over the model trying to recognise all the spare kit parts

:speak_cool:

Mike, I'm older than you ...and I quite like them so maybe, just maybe it's something else ..... :whistle:......... :bleh:

Seriously though could it be anything to do with the fact that most of these are CGI and don't really exist in material form as opposed to the earlier cardboard, discarded yoghurt tub and sticky back paper models in earlier films? or is just that the shape and form doesn't grab you ?.....a right old dilemma...!!

It could just be my cynicism, but these new ships look like they're designed for easy construction as merchandising. I also didn't really like the retro look too much, even though I quite like art deco. Don't get me started on the Gungans (sp?) and those silly little robots with their constant "roger roger" & comedy death spasms. I just felt that it was aimed cynically at the toy buying public (i.e. kids from 5-12), whereas the older films were more widely targeted. Even so, the merchandising aspect was starting to creep into Jedi, with those annoying Ewoks all over the place :S

Anyway :offtopic: Sorry :blush:

Mike I agree with you, though what new Sci-Fi films don't start out as a franchise now ??, look at all the Matrix and Transformers stuff .Star Wars isn't really my thing either, ( though I did like the sand crawler, AT-AT'S and scout walker things from the earlier films ). You just want to kick that JA JA Binks thing to death and jump up and down on it :jump_fire: !!, the whole thing played very much for young laughs........................hang on it's catching !!!.......use the force Melchie, use the force !!! :wall:

Keef the Robin is on it's way, found an old toy thing that can be 'adapted' for purpose !!

Smudge, I'd like a gander at the recovery 'truck', sounds very different!!