Polar Lights Planning 1/350th NCC-1701

As the title says Polar Lights/Round 2 are starting work on a new 1/350th Original Series Star Trek USS Enterprise. They are actually asking modellers what they want included in the kit. The stuff I want has already been mentioned on their site, full shuttle deck with two shuttle craft, kit designed so there is no droopage of the nacelles, markings for the whole fleet and parts for all versions shown on TV (including the Mirror, Mirror version) like in the 1/1000th kit.

http://www.collectormodel.com/star-trek/91...new-enterprise/

Paul Harrison

Oh. My. God!

I need one of those kits! If not more than one! Wowee. I have longed for a large-scale original Enterprise for donkey's years, and now I shall be getting one. The only downside might be the price - dammit Jim, I'm a doctor, not a millionaire!

It's worse than that... he's broke, Jim!

I'd better start saving now, I suppose. It's also going to take a lot of paint, and a fair number of LEDs. <happy sigh>

p.s. Thanks Paul! Don't need to add anything to what you already mentioned :).

Edited by John Laidlaw

I'll prob get one to go with my NX-01 and NCC-1701-A. Got both cheap £18 for the NX and £28 for the refit but this new one will be expensive unless the exchange rate changes for the best. Wish they'd do a K'Tinga or the Reliant too.

Paul Harrison

Unfortunately the 1/1000th Akira is delayed till next year Wooksta, I was really looking forward to that. In it's place this year will be a new Enterprise A refit kit in the same scale. Apparently they decided to go with a smaller kit with a lot of guarenteed sales rather than take a chance with a less well known ship.

Paul Harrison

Edited by GreenDragon

Guest tardis

[hi got myself two enterpiise models the bandi one for `15 pounds and a light up gorgi one had problem with the stand but fixedit only cost 7 pound normaly 35 pound not to bad

Paul Harrison

I have a made a note to self that the next time I see the 1:350 movie Enterprise going for £15 at a show, I bagsy. Not really a Trekkie but the sheer size of that thing is a marvel to behold.

I have a made a note to self that the next time I see the 1:350 movie Enterprise going for £15 at a show, I bagsy. Not really a Trekkie but the sheer size of that thing is a marvel to behold.

I have one in the stash, a TOS version will look great alongside it, at nearly 3 feet long it needs some space on the shelf!

• 1 month later...
OH, my! Count me in!!!

I have the NX-01 and refit kits in that scale so a TOS kit is a must! :speak_cool::heart:

I don't have those two kits (yet!), but I agree, a TOS Enterprise in that scale is absolutely essential. I'm already thinking of lots of lights, open shuttle bay, perhaps even sound effects (I have the ST Sound Effects CD, with all the original noises on it).

I have no idea where to put the finished model, but at my rate of building I've probably got at least a decade to worry about that...

I don't have those two kits (yet!), but I agree, a TOS Enterprise in that scale is absolutely essential. I'm already thinking of lots of lights, open shuttle bay, perhaps even sound effects (I have the ST Sound Effects CD, with all the original noises on it).

I have no idea where to put the finished model, but at my rate of building I've probably got at least a decade to worry about that...

I'm planning to start the NX-01 in August, with lights but no sound. It will be by far my most ambitious undertaking ever. Wish me luck!

I'm planning to start the NX-01 in August, with lights but no sound. It will be by far my most ambitious undertaking ever. Wish me luck!

Luck! I do hope you'll keep us posted on your progress, I've not seen one of those built.

As the title says Polar Lights/Round 2 are starting work on a new 1/350th Original Series Star Trek USS Enterprise. They are actually asking modellers what they want included in the kit. The stuff I want has already been mentioned on their site, full shuttle deck with two shuttle craft, kit designed so there is no droopage of the nacelles, markings for the whole fleet and parts for all versions shown on TV (including the Mirror, Mirror version) like in the 1/1000th kit.

http://www.collectormodel.com/star-trek/91...new-enterprise/

Paul Harrison

Has this kit been released yet?. I'm only mentioning it as I noticed a Polar Lights Enterpise @ £89 in the Liverpool ModelZone, along with AMT kits too.

Has this kit been released yet?. I'm only mentioning it as I noticed a Polar Lights Enterpise @ £89 in the Liverpool ModelZone, along with AMT kits too.

I believe that would be a re-issue of the 1970s/1980s movie Enterprise, NCC-1701 and NCC-1701A. Relish Models have just had stock in of that at a similar price. Incidentally, this re-issue apparently features all-new decals complete with the Aztec patterns, and a new detailed open shuttle bay.

I believe that would be a re-issue of the 1970s/1980s movie Enterprise, NCC-1701 and NCC-1701A. Relish Models have just had stock in of that at a similar price. Incidentally, this re-issue apparently features all-new decals complete with the Aztec patterns, and a new detailed open shuttle bay.

I just purchased that re-issued refit Enterprise a few weeks ago. The aztec decals are massive, to say the least! Four sheets at 16x16" that pretty much covers the entire model. :hypnotised: I wonder if decal setting solutions are available by the pint? :analintruder:

Sounds like a great revamp of what was already apparently a good kit.

Yes, indeed. Round 2 did a bang-up job with it! What I like most is the replacement of the very shaky clear plastic legs for the display. There is now a single metal tube to support the model and conceal wiring! However there is apparently one tiny drawback with it for those doing complex lighting, that being the use of a slightly different plastic. On the old PL kit you could mimic the look of the exterior floodlights for the registry codes by masking the interior. The light would shine through the un-masked areas in white. The Round 2 plastic is white also but apparently looks rather yellow when lit from behind.

So, if anyone has both issues, they could combine the original plastic, the new shuttle bay, decals and stand, and make the ultimate Enterprise. Then they could just chuck the spare kit in the bin...