Anybody used these before?

speedy

Discovered it yesterday, whilst surfing :whistle: and the items they offer seem to be alot. More the company rather than the individual item.

Flightpath stuff isn't cheap, but it is very good. It's also not for the novice, and they say as much on the website. I've got a few of their sets & only had the guts to use one so far, but the detail & quality of the parts is excellent. Buy with confidence, and Mr Parker is a very nice, amenable guy - just be courteous if you contact him, as that's one of his pet peeves ;)

Flightpath stuff isn't cheap, but it is very good. It's also not for the novice, and they say as much on the website. I've got a few of their sets & only had the guts to use one so far, but the detail & quality of the parts is excellent. Buy with confidence, and Mr Parker is a very nice, amenable guy - just be courteous if you contact him, as that's one of his pet peeves ;)

It's the best aftermarket stuff I've ever used, no overstatement. Not simple, fiddly as heck, but it's like a multimedia model in itself. Fabtastic gear, but leaves a significant hole in the pocket.

Used his Paveways, Lantirn set, ECM pod and sidewinders in 1/32 - took almost as long as the model itself!

As Mike said - mind your p's and q's - David is not a mobile phone, "Hiya m8" kind of person. (to his everlasting credit)

Edited by PHaTNesS

I am currently using the 1/32 scale Tornado detail set. I have used Flightpath sets before so I know what to expect.

They are definately not for the beginner or faint hearted as has been said on the Flightpath web site. The end results are really worth the extra effort. The etched stuff is of a thicker gauge than Eduard so can take a bit more bashing.

The Tornado set for instance includes white metal front undercarriage legs and wheels. Main wheels, wing pylons with shoulder rails and other fuselage fittings in resin. Etched cockpit, canopy, exhaust and other fuselage details. If I had one concern over this set it would be the undercarriage. I would have liked to have seen the main legs done in white metal and the front wheels in resin but thats just my thought.

Hope this helps

Chris

Well I love Flightpath mainly because of the products - Tons of British add-ons, but I cant help but think they do seem to over complicate some of their sets.

I have both the Sea King HAR3 & HC4 sets and they are enough to put someone off PE for life. Resin every time for me.

• 3 weeks later...

I've got the Flightpath set for the 48th Tamiya Lanc and it looks big 'n' scary. :unsure:

Actually, it's not really scary, just looks a bit complex.

I was kinda dissapointed that there wasn't more for the cockpit/interior, but Eduard have since come to the rescue in this area.

Like I said, they're not for the faint hearted. I've got the 1:48 A-10 set, and that was a real struggle for me to get to grips with as a novice. Worth the effort though :) I've also got the 1:48 B-24 and C-130 sets, and they're equally taxing, but again will be worth the effort. I need a few more sets in the long term, but am waiting til I have a bunch that i can order directly from David in one go.