my first

joined up cockpit made from old frog donor ( well it's worse than that it's the novo version ) looking at quality of the old frog / novo kit ( it left a lot to be desired ) there's going to be quite a bit of scratchbuilding too ( the first ever kit i have seen with moulded shut lading gear doors ) but with landing gear supplied to glue on the outside ??? the nose is also being replaced with the kit item as there is far more detail in it ..

3512719516_8dca320585_b.jpg

Edited by tornado64

Hi Tor64,

As Perry says, good luck and have fun with this build...I like your 'Gurkha' avatar! ;):lol: ).

Derek

she's a very cute gurkha indeed . still looking lovely , and a smashing person to boot , if she can cook too . i want to marry her !!

The AEW and AS noses are totally different. Even the prop spinner is a different shape.

didn't notice the grilles will have to check how much alterings involved unaltered it is still a better option than the vacform as that has no detail atall altho i have the difrent prop spinner

Edited by tornado64

• 2 weeks later...

vacform nose removed as detail was sparse ( with a silent sp ) to say the least , replace with the kit item after scratch building the lading gear bay ( and not forgetting a lot of blu tack so it sits on nose wheel once built

now on to detailing the wing gear bays and rebuilding the wing root leading edges as the as1 wings have a difrent profile to the aew 3 ..

3541487899_465a4251c3_b.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...