RAF Jaguar GR Mk1 "Mary Rose" - 1/72

IT'S INCREDIBLE! i purchase this decals in Hannant's, from Modell Alliance, as the best and fine decals for the Granby Operation Jaguars. And you are right, the serial number is mistaken!

There's not an easy correction for it. I can't believe. It's not a simple task to make a good model! Thank you very much for your comment.

No problem, 356 was one of the first Jags I ever worked on so it sticks in my memory. If you really want to go to town you could modify the tailcone to make it a hinged one as by this time most if not all ac had this modification (I think photos show it on 356). It's fairly simple to do, you need to take about 3mm from the very end of the cone, fill it and slightly round off the edges. Then on the lower surface of the heatshield there should be a small thin fairing about 5 to 6mm long (IIRC) that would have housed the spring actuator for the tailcone. This detail is often missed on models of Jags from the mid 1980s onwards. All dimensions are actual for 1/72 scale.

Hope this helps

John

No problem, 356 was one of the first Jags I ever worked on so it sticks in my memory. If you really want to go to town you could modify the tailcone to make it a hinged one as by this time most if not all ac had this modification (I think photos show it on 356). It's fairly simple to do, you need to take about 3mm from the very end of the cone, fill it and slightly round off the edges. Then on the lower surface of the heatshield there should be a small thin fairing about 5 to 6mm long (IIRC) that would have housed the spring actuator for the tailcone. This detail is often missed on models of Jags from the mid 1980s onwards. All dimensions are actual for 1/72 scale.

Hope this helps

John

Thank you very much for this GREAT information about Jaguar's models! I feel like an absolut ignorant. Commonly i count on the serious work of the models manufacturers, but now i see this is not a serious work at all! In further builds i try to do it better.

Regards.

Rafael.

Edited by TRUSKY1965

Thank you very much for this GREAT information about Jaguar's models! I feel like an absolut ignorant. Commonly i count on the serious work of the models manufacturers, but now i see this is not a serious work at all! In further builds i try to do it better.

Regards.

Rafael.

Your model looks every part a Jaguar and I wish that I could make them to that standard :worthy:

cheers

John

The minor inaccuracies of the master model do not detract from your excellent efforts, a fine model Rafael :worthy:

Rafael

I just want to confirm what Deon said! Your build is really fabulous - I think we all agree on that. I am an out-of-the box builder, and I am personally never really all that bothered about these "little details". But Britmodeller's membership also has its fair share of experts, so you're bound to have people notice the things.

Can't wait to see your next model.

I am so jealous! The panel line shading and weathering are superb-very well done.

Kind regards,

Rob

Ditto there with Tony.

Ex Jag man and all that.

My only other observation and Tony may be able to 'verify'?

The Inside airbrake colour wasn't Zinc Chromate green or on the engine doors either.

Not sure when the 'Cats' had this scheme applied was done with airbrakes closed then leaving the original camo color inside?

TONY?

Nicely built btw.

Adrian

Ditto there with Tony.

Ex Jag man and all that.

My only other observation and Tony may be able to 'verify'?

The Inside airbrake colour wasn't Zinc Chromate green or on the engine doors either.

Not sure when the 'Cats' had this scheme applied was done with airbrakes closed then leaving the original camo color inside?

TONY?

Nicely built btw.

Adrian

Sorry Adrian I was not being rude, I missed your posts, yep you could be right there, and the primer was also the yellow and not the green, you would get a fair amount of exhause staining in the right airbrake as that was where the Air starter was (Microturbo) oh and the pressure refuelling.............

It is a stunning build and I wish I could attain that standard

• 2 weeks later...
Not a bad idea! I just can imagine my wife's face when she find a jaguar in the garden! :evil_laugh:

Naaa you would need at least two, so you could put one either side of the drive ;):evil_laugh:

FAB build WOW!!!!!

i saw one of the last jags at RAF Cranwell a few weeks ago (used as a ground runway / movement trainer only :weep: )

it a crying shame there not still flying!

:post1: Rafael, I wouldn't worry to much about the English, your model speaks volumes mate.......as the say a picture is worth a thousand words, well with the pics you've posted....that was quite a speech. The weathering is outstanding as is the rest of the Jag.

• 2 weeks later...

Outstanding Jag Rafael :gobsmacked:

I love the open avionics bay especially :clap2: Did you scratch build it yourself or is that part of the kit? :unsure:

It reminds me of trade training as my "Jags phase" was interupted by the Cosford airshow and we had to show visitors around the a/c. The bays were occasionally opened to help keep the 'black boxes' cool and someone may have used this opportunity to tell people waiting to see the cockpit that the boxes were "flux capicators," "batteries for photon torpedoes" etc :innocent:

Danny

Outstanding Jag Rafael :gobsmacked:

I love the open avionics bay especially :clap2: Did you scratch build it yourself or is that part of the kit? :unsure:

It reminds me of trade training as my "Jags phase" was interupted by the Cosford airshow and we had to show visitors around the a/c. The bays were occasionally opened to help keep the 'black boxes' cool and someone may have used this opportunity to tell people waiting to see the cockpit that the boxes were "flux capicators," "batteries for photon torpedoes" etc :innocent:

Danny

The open avionics bay is scratch build with plastic foil, is not part of the kit, but is an easy transformation if you have the photo references. Thanks for your very kind words! :pilot:

Edited by TRUSKY1965