Welcome to the Vacform GB

dswoofie

OK, I've done some thinking, and will commit to the Esoteric 1/72 B.P Overstrand. One can build either Sidestrand or Overstrand from the kit but only one of them total. Fortunately I have 2 kits so I could do both of them, but probably will not at this time. The Sidestrand is the better looking aircraft, but the Overstrand is the typical ugly British aircraft (think Atlas, Bison, Blackburn, amongst others) and the 1st with a power turret.

John

Brass Vortex generators? Do tell Bill!! Enlighten me! Heck source em and grab me a set would ya?? I will happily pay you for them old bean.

Cheers

Mike

They're actually included in the kit Mike! You drill pre-marked holes in the wing after painting and stick the buggers on with paint!!!

I lost some of mine when my FAW9 went Cat.5 - I had to use the spares from my un-built FAW9 in my re-build to FAW4!

I'll come and play, for this one I will be building (in the broadest sense) a Welsh Models 1/144 Shackleton AEW2, with Aeroclub white metal props.

Dave

Ok, I've got a couple lined up to begin with. They both came from behind the iron curtain about 25 years ago, with no identifiable manufacturer.

First is a Lagg-3:

DSCF0441.jpg

The second is a Lag-5:

DSCF0443.jpg

I'll make a start on these this evening, so count me in. Some time since I've doen a vacform, so a couple of simple projects should help get my hand in again. The Lagg-3 is missing it's canopy, but I should be able to use the one from the Lag-5 as a pattern to form one.

Cheers,

Bill.

They're actually included in the kit Mike! You drill pre-marked holes in the wing after painting and stick the buggers on with paint!!!

I lost some of mine when my FAW9 went Cat.5 - I had to use the spares from my un-built FAW9 in my re-build to FAW4!

I told him too, after checking my kit, but I suspect he only half believed me... it even says they're included on the box top details :)

Im in.. a Teledyne Ryan model 235 R tern (YQM-98A)( Compass Cope R) otherwise known as the Garret ATF 3..1/72 by airmodel- you know the one I mean!

Edited by Deon

Hi Guys,

I'd like to join in with an 1/32 FM Models Boomerang.

It's cut off the sheet and some of the parts are sanded down, but nothing is glued or painted.

If that's within the boundaries I'll post some start-up pictures in the next day or two.

Ted

Edited by Spazman

I've just moved house and I am still busy getting sorted out, but as soon as it's all squared away I'll be in with a Whirlykit rebox of the Maintrack Project X Hawker P.1121 kit :wub:

:cheers:

Duncan

I've shyed away from GB's this year, as I simply haven't had the time, but you know what?

Screw it. Let's try something new. I talked to Mark (busdriver) the other day, and he said he might enter the GB, so come on then Mark.

I'm in if you are..

The kit I'm entering (gnak gnak) is apparently a pile of poo, but it's the only vacform I've got in the stash.

A Gull Wings 1/48th Macchi C. 202 Folgore.

It's got no decals with it, so I'll need to source some from somewhere, and I have no idea what colour scheme I'll do yet.

It looks like it's got trench panel lines, so may need rescribing. Not sure yet.

I really shouldn't ba cracking out another kit from the stash, as I've still got to finish two Hurricanes, a Spitfire, a P-47, BP Defiant and a Concorde, plus making the 1/6th 1908 webbing for my Action Man, but what the hell? If I can't get to grips with it, it'll go in the bin!

I'll post some obligatories up later.

Cheers me dears,

Nick von Vacformcherrypopper

I'm fighting this one - no - really - I am...

Trying anyway...

Did I see it runs to end '09?

I really am sorely tempted to 'ave a root through the loft - I may be back... :suicide:

Iain

Edited by 32SIG

Seriously scary things vacforms :unsure: , I swore that I’d never attempt to build one so why do I have so many in the stash? :shrug: No, I dun`no either.

So with trembling fingers I type the words “can I join the GB” & thus seal my sausage fingered modelling fate & condemn a perfectly good vac formed kit to a pile of styrene dust.

Seriously though folks, if you wouldn’t mind a ham fisted vehicle modeller joining in I’d like to have a bash. I’ll try not to bring the aircraft modelling fraternity into disrepute……much :bleh: .

Will this kit be ok?

2009_0516rallyGB0116.jpg

The decals look a bit knackered; I'll cross the decal bridge if & when I come to it, or I might just chuck the dam model off, who Knows.

:cheers:

Dazie.

Dazie, It'll be a pleasure to have you along old chum... pull up a stool & get to it! :yahoo:

Hi Guys,

I'd like to join in with an 1/32 FM Models Boomerang.

It's cut off the sheet and some of the parts are sanded down, but nothing is glued or painted.

If that's within the boundaries I'll post some start-up pictures in the next day or two.

Ted

Sorry for not seeing your post earlier Ted... yes, of course you're welcome to join up. The cutting out's the easy part! ;)

Hi

can I play too?

I am planning to do a Rareplane Skyshark - I cut it off the backing sheets some years ago but I think that's as far as it got.

Is that ok?

cheers

Rick

Thanks Mike!!

I kinda thought that it would be okay so I started up a build thread a short while back.

Our dog show business is starting to get really busy, so I won't be progressing on the kit as quickly as I'd like but I've shall post some more pics shortly!

This is a great group build, by the way!

It's nice to see that there are quite a few of us that have purchased vacs over the years and are willing to "test our mettle" on them!

Talk to you soon,

Ted

P.S. Your Seafang is coming along great!

Oh sod it...

I'm in with an ID Models 1:32 Hampden - thanks to some interior photos courtesy of Nick Millman this evening - I thank ewe Nick :)

Deal is - I'll post some pix of the mouldings and some of my refs - but I ain't cutting plastic 'till the Ju-52 is at least ready for paint!

Which may of course - be never... :deadhorse:

Iain

Edited by 32SIG

Ok count me in too.I'll be building an ID Models Macchi 202 in 1/32 scale.Who knows if time allows I'm likely to build my Combat Models Fiat G.50 too.

Regards,

Gregory Jouette

Ted, Rick, you're in ;) Anything that's been only been cut out & sanded gets an automatic "yes", as that's the easy part with most kits! :frantic:

Errrrrmmmmm.....

Packed up my stash last PM for moving to Portugal tomorrow :yahoo: and found a couple (7!)of vacforms.......including a Sangster(?) Buckmaster.

So once I have arrived, or rather the boxes have arrived, would it be ok if I tried my hand?

Which leads me to my next question. Anybody have any feedback on this vac?

Christian the Married

Hi,

I'm late to the party (as usual), but I'm sort of committed to building a Swift FR.5 for our next club display (roll on Southwell & Telford), so if it's OK with everyone here, I'll formally state my intention to build the Falcon Models 1/48 Supermarine Swift FR.5. It will be about the tenth vacform I have started over fifty years of kitbashing. I hope that it will be the first I complete!

swift.jpg

Ian

Ian - you're in :) Don't fall into the trap of using the Falcon nosewheel bay... the Swift doesn't have one... it's basically a bulkhead behind the bay & above, but nothing in the sides... I've got some pics somewhere of the Newark one, so let me know if you need them :)

Christian - Plenty of time. Sanger are hit & miss. Some kits are ok, some aren't... Not done the one in question, so I guess it's 50/50 ;)