43 Squadron Siskins

Christopher

Photographs of 43 Squadron single seat Siskins show various levels of green anti-glare colouring. My question is did all the Siskins have this colouring or was it just the display team?

The Green anti-glare panels varied quite a bit. The CO's a/c for 1929 was J9369 and that had green u/c fairings, nose and top decks whereas his 1930 mount J8959 had only the top deck (to imediately behind the pilot) in green.

John

But were there any of 43 Squadron's planes which flew without any panels at all? Of course I realise that this information might not be available but I am hoping someone has something.

J8866 of No 43 had no anti-glare, but had a Blue fin, Blue tailplanes, airscrew boss and wheels. It also had a very small Black 'B' on the rear engine side panel.

John

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Christopher,

Have you got/seen the Wings of Silver publication from Model Alliance?

There are quite a few 'profiles' of this lovely a/c inc a 43 Sqdn one namely J8959 of the aerobatics team.

I can scan info for you if you pm me your e-mail address?

Adrian.

Hi Adrain

Many thanks for the kind offer - I do have that book. I was interested in whether the 43 Squadron Siskins ever flew without NIVO anti glare panels like 19 and 56 Squadrons. John's reply confirmed that this did happen.