Spitfire PR1G R7059

Hello All,

Here is my latest effort, just done today. It now resides in my LMS, with the U/C indicators installed, which I had forgotten to add before piccies!

Please let me know what you think.

IMG_0986.jpg

IMG_0987.jpg

IMG_0989.jpg

IMG_0990.jpg

Here is what is on the inside.

IMG_0813.jpg

• Like 6

What do I think Tony? I think you've done a fantastic job. Everything looks just right, paint job, build, all of it looks really nice. I bet you can't stop looking at it at the moment can you. You should be proud of that Tony, fantastic job. How did you do the canopy blisters, did you vac form it yourself?

Edited by Doug Rogers

Hello Doug,

The canopy blisters were plunge moulded using a teardrop shape. then I cut openings in the existing canopy so they would be hollow from the back. they were attached with liquid glue and allowed to dry for at least 24 hours. Then the marks were polished out using worn 2000 grit sandpaper used wet. I finished up with Brasso.

I posted a tip on the techniques forum for the plunge mould a few weeks ago (I used a heat gun to control the softening of clear styrene)

Edited by Tony Whittingham

Tony,

That Spit looks Great!!!

From what you told me at Aviation World about it I never imagined it could look so beautiful. The technique you used for the teardrops on the sides is what I remember most of your description. Well done. Looking forward to maybe seeing that Piper kit you picked up that day!

All the best!

Michael :speak_cool:

• 6 months later...

Thanks ,All!

The shop manager tells me he's still getting enquiries about it, even after 7 months on display! I was going to take it out and replace it with my Thunderbolts Hunter, but he wanted to keep both on display!

• 4 years later...