Luftwaffe 1:48 numbers & letters

Mike

I'm after some generic codes for (possibly) finishing off the Messerspit, but there don't seem to be much/any actuall available. Could anyone throw some light on this apparent gap in the market?

In days of old etc etc, there used to be sheets of generic letters, numerals etc., but you don't see so many about these days. If nothing turns up let me know and I could run up whatever you need for DIY printing. Give me a shout in any case if you want.

peebeep

Mike -

I'm only dabbling in 1/72nd but if you can locate the TallyHo set 72043 this has letters up to 14 mm real size - no numerals though.

Also several Ju 88 markings sheets are available from www.airdoc.eu with reserve letters in 1/48th

Last but not least see: http://www.simmerspaintshop.com/forums/dlc...itary-fonts-19/ in case you are looking into printing your own.

And yes - there is a derth of generic letters and numerals but just for a very few of us old hands - ot only Luftwaffe.

Obvoiusly most modellers prefer ready to use sets - otherwise manuracturer wouldn't refrain from offering more generic stuff.

Happy and peaceful Easter to all,

Rolf

Tony - think I'd seen that one... no letters though :(

Rolf - I think you're probably right... and one set per aircraft is much more lucrative than a generic code set that could be used for loads. I'm not suggesting a conspiracy btw... just looking at why motivation is low for producers... :shrug:

Thanks for the offer Paul... apathy may prevail though, rather than put anyone out :unsure:

Individual characters only take a couple of minutes to design and once they're done they are handy for future reference. Up to you squire, I'm happy enough to look into it. I'm going to be looking into doing RAF alphanumeric characters in the near future, adding a few Luftwaffe bits is no big deal.

peebeep

Individual characters only take a couple of minutes to design and once they're done they are handy for future reference. Up to you squire, I'm happy enough to look into it. I'm going to be looking into doing RAF alphanumeric characters in the near future, adding a few Luftwaffe bits is no big deal.

peebeep

Might talk to you about that later then... I've already pressed on with the Messerspit now, so won't be bothering for this project, but you never know when it might come in handy. :)

FCM almost did the full shebang with sheets of unit emblems, numbers and Staffel, Gruppe and Geschwader markings and Tally Ho did something similar. The only thing missing are some factory codes. I bought the FCM sheets 2-3 years ago and keep meaning to get some more but they never seem to stay in stock very long. I'm guessing that much like the Modeldecal and Xtradecal generic RAF codes and serials they're actually a pretty popular item.