Spitfire question help please

bigbadbadge

Hello everyone

Please could someone help, I am currently building a 1/24th scale Spitfire Mk1 (Airfix) and there are no walkway lines/borders in the decals, did all the mk1's have them I am building P9390 of 54 squadron. I would be grateful of any help offered.

Many thanks

Chris

Early K-registered Mk.Is seem to have been without lines, but there's a very clear photo of P9450, showing them, and, since it first flew only a month after P9390, on balance I'd say that it should have them. Remember that the port wing had the "Walkway forward" line along the spar-line, and the fore-and-aft "Walkway inboard" line; the starboard wing had only a "Walkway forward" line, from root to tip. Also the lines did not run over the roundels.

Edgar

Chris. You must have one of the early kits , the current decal sheet has the walkway lines and the WALKWAY FORWARD , WALK INBOARD markings.

The black lines are quite easy to do , just cut strips from Black decal sheet to the lenghth you need and apply , remember they dont overlap the roundels.

Tec Mod decals do sheets for 1 24th Spitfires which include the walkway markings if you dont fancy making your own.

As they say on Blue Peter heres one i prepared earlier.

DSC00048.jpg

Thanks guys

I will add them. I will nick them from my airfix Mk V, but use the wording from the Mk1. I must admit the kit actually went together well and only a tiny amount of filler was used around the intake and the the rear of the wing where it joins the fuselage will post a couple of piccies when finished.

By the way nice build there Keith

Once again thanks

Chris

Edited by bigbadbadge