Myasischev M50 ...Nuclear bomber

Myasischev M20-09-03

indexphp-1.jpg

WOW!! That is just FANTASTIC !! And not just the aircraft (which would have been astonishing ) but that absolutely gorgeously evocative artwork! The lighting is just beautiful, & whilst I know it's cgi, makes me actually want to pick up the old paintbrushes again!

Just lovely!!

Keef

A scratchbuild? Yes please Andy!!! That M-20 is way beyond cool. It'll look fantastic in the flesh. I'll keep 'em peeled ^_^ Beautiful pics too. Some real inspiration.

Just like to add my admiration for a fantastic build and finish. The photography is excellent as well, shows of the aircraft design very well.

Robert

Thanks guys, Keef there are lots where that comes from just hop over to the link below and feast your eyes , ..........You have to register with the site to see the pictures , a painless, free process and you will be rewarded with lots of goodies !!! :speak_cool:

Secret Projects

Brian and Veltro, it's definately on the list for the end of the year, I'm just measuring up 1/72nd scale plans for it and a few others at the moment, next will be sizing then printing the final scaled templates and finding suitable kits to butcher and use as doners ( plus shed loads of Plasticard !!...).

Robert thanks , the background 'sky' is a 6 ft by 2 ft piece of MDF, spayed light blue with clouds airbrushed on in white and various greys for shadow, ten minute job but quite effective , ( in fact that's exactly what Gerry Anderson did with his backgrounds !!). ThinkI might add a long small row of trees next.

Andy

Thanks guys, Keef there are lots where that comes from just hop over to the link below and feast your eyes , ..........You have to register with the site to see the pictures , a painless, free process and you will be rewarded with lots of goodies !!! :speak_cool:

Secret Projects

Thanks Andy,

I've just registered but now need to be 'approved'.......wonder if I'll pass muster??!! :rolleyes::D

Keef

Apart from the fact that you're Welsh I don't see any reason on Earth why you shouldn't be allowed in , I mean they let me in and I'm from 'Darn Sarf!!................... :tomato:

Seriously though try and register onto the Avicopress site, it can be a bit hit and miss but it's well worth it !!!

Andy

Apart from the fact that you're Welsh I don't see any reason on Earth why you shouldn't be allowed in , I mean they let me in and I'm from 'Darn Sarf!!................... :tomato:

Seriously though try and register onto the Avicopress site, it can be a bit hit and miss but it's well worth it !!!

Andy

Well now look you, wonders never cease like - they let me in boyo !! :P

I shall now spend a couple of hours perusing the weird & wonderful in there.....

Keef

You lucky so and so Sebastijan :wall: ...always wanted to go to Monino and MAKS myself, a group of us keep threatening to go but somehow never get round to it, but one day !! just to stand under the M50 and get a sense of it's majestic size. Thanks for your comments, coming from someone who has seen her up close that's quite something.

Great pics by the way !!

Andy

Edited by general melchett

Gosh that is flabbergastingly good GM! :gobsmacked:

Superbly executed metal finish, over such a large area that's some achievement. Well worth the £350* I reckon

Bring on the Valk I say!

* OK that was just a guess :analintruder:

Edited by PHaTNesS

Thanks Al , £350 .....!!!!!!!! flippin eck :analintruder: ,think the wifey might have something to say about that :chair: no it's around £190 ,(which is bad enough !!).

Thanks for your comments, I bought a whole load more Alclad at Cosford , must have the whole flaming range now, not cheap but wonderful stuff I think you'll agree. No excuses now !! :wicked:

The Valkyrie is on the shop floor now ,tis a hard thing is finish well, not to make it look like a big white paper dart and not go mad , 'over weathering' it, as they were kept pretty clean. One thing I did note though is that a lot of the white paint peeled off on early high speed flights, might go down that route or ....NMF , 50 shades of Alclad as in SAC illustrations ,

Andy...

Here's a few options,

RS70.jpg

FICON.jpg

TO.jpg

Or if you're feeling particularly disturbed how about,

SCA.jpg

Andy

I read somewhere that one of the original paint specs was to apply a thousandth-inch thick gold coating to reduce thermal signature.

Translucent gold finish over natural stainless steel. Any takers? :speak_cool:

Good grief what would that have added to the production cost of the thing :analintruder: , and imagine the tolerances needed to ensure a constant thousandth inch layer over something the size of two football pitches !!!! :hypnotised:

Mind you.............. it would be a challenge ... :hmmm:

Absolutely stunning model of a stunning plane. Would love one of these myself, but just wouldn't be able to justify it. Hopefully I'll get to ogle yours in the flesh one day :)

Thanks Nev glad you like it,

Hopefully I'll get to ogle yours in the flesh one day :)

Well if you're going to the Coventry show again then you can as I plan to take it along as part of our Cold War display, ( have a word with Chris ), ...I might even take it along to Hinckley on the 19th as I'm off that weekend, see how things go,

Cheers

Andy