Wingnut Wings

Phil

Nick,

They do look a wee bit special.

I've just ordered the LVG for me and The Junkers J1 for a matey.

Can't wait to get my sweaty hands on them.

Nick,

I've finished my Pfalz. Can I still enter it in the WW1 GB? hahaha

Von slowcoach

Hell, with knockers like that, you've just won....

Hell, with knockers like that, you've just won....

Ere,

In all seriousness, do you want to do another GB for WW1? I be happy to help out in anyway possible.

Start in September end mid January.

It might convert some of these gray shape modellers over to the birth of military air power... I doubt it, but no harm in trying :banghead:

What say you?

Von Knocker

Ere,

In all seriousness, do you want to do another GB for WW1? I be happy to help out in anyway possible.

Start in September end mid January.

It might convert some of these gray shape modellers over to the birth of military air power... I doubt it, but no harm in trying :banghead:

What say you?

Von Knocker

I'd love to.

I've ducked out of all GB's this year though, as I just haven't had the time, motivation, nah, mostly the time to join anything, or build anything.

End of September might be a better start for me though, as I'm going to be back in Blighty in September.

What sort of build? Allied, Axis, both?

You'll have to be a Mod with me on it though my large mammed chum...

will gladly mam you... I mean mod with you :winkgrin:

End of september to mid feb gives plenty of time for slow assed builders like me.

Oh yes!

Von Mammy

I think my bottom might be slower than yours...

(Insert curry jokes here....)

What theme then me dear? Once sorted, we'll swing it by El Presidente.

Why does all this talk of another WWI GB crop up as I am most of the way through a DH2 ?

I will need at least 6 months to recover after this.......

Peter

haha. I feel for you Peter. You have to let the rigging spider free to do his work.

I'm sure you will be recovered by September... I hope :wacko:

Nick,

The title

WW1 Allied & Axis Air war GB .... or similar

All scales welcome. All skill levels welcome.

Lets see what the guvnor recons before we get carried away :boom:

Von bumper

haha. I feel for you Peter. You have to let the rigging spider free to do his work.

I'm sure you will be recovered by September... I hope :wacko:

Nick,

The title

WW1 Allied & Axis Air war GB .... or similar

All scales welcome. All skill levels welcome.

Lets see what the guvnor recons before we get carried away :boom:

Von bumper

You going to ask him then?

You going to ask him then?

Check it with Karl (Dswoofie), as he's scheduling GBs and all that jazz now... I couldn't keep up with remembering when & where everything was going :hypnotised:

If someone donates me a nice Wingnuts kit, I'll take part ;):wicked: (joking)

In all seriousness, do you want to do another GB for WW1?

I could go for that. I've avoided WW1 subject for the past 20 years or so, though I did a few when I was in my late teens. Like many, the rigging puts me off. Despite this, I have upwards of 30 WW1 subjects in the stash.

That Wingnut Wings LVG looks like it might be a turning point for me,

Cheers,

Bill.

Judging from early reports the rigging should be a breeze on these. Pre-drilled holes and brackets provided... in theory it should be as simple as just threading the wire in and fixing.

OK, so what do you use for the aerofoil section British rigging material? I don't think the Aeroclub flat stretchy stuff will be right. Nor do I think that a suitable size strip is available . . . I'd like to be wrong.

Dave.

OK, so what do you use for the aerofoil section British rigging material? I don't think the Aeroclub flat stretchy stuff will be right. Nor do I think that a suitable size strip is available . . . I'd like to be wrong.

Dave.

Dave,

For flat section rigging you will need Kevlar Thread. I've never used it myself but the blokes over at the aerodrome.com have.

I'm sure if you do a search you will find all the info you need.

Cheers,

Bob

51+G6G6OYFL._SL500_AA280_.jpg

Dave,

For flat section rigging you will need Kevlar Thread. I've never used it myself but the blokes over at the aerodrome.com have.

I'm sure if you do a search you will find all the info you need.

Cheers,

Bob

51%20G6G6OYFL._SL500_AA280_.jpg

Cheers BB,

I'm a chemist and kevlar thread is a variation of nylon. If it comes in a flat form, it would be ideal as it will bond well with CA adhesive.

Need to chck that out.

Cheers,

Dave.

Cheers BB,

I'm a chemist and kevlar thread is a variation of nylon. If it comes in a flat form, it would be ideal as it will bond well with CA adhesive.

Need to chck that out.

Cheers,

Dave.

Dave,

If you come across a source for this material please let me know. I would dearly like to add this to my rigging stash.

Cheers,

Bob

Dave,

If you come across a source for this material please let me know. I would dearly like to add this to my rigging stash.

Cheers,

Bob

E-bay??

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Fine-Kevlar-thread-u...Q2em118Q2el1247

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Kevlar-Sewing-Thread...1QQcmdZViewItem

Keef

Edit;

Just been reading the blurb on the second listing & it says;

"Please note that Kevlar reacts with UV light which will decrease its strength (but not its fire / temperature resistance) over time. It is estimated that 50 to 60 weeks of exposure will result in a loss of strength up to 50%. Para-aramid fibres should therefore be protected against UV-rays. "

Does that mean if you use it for rigging & display the model in daylight, if it loses 1/2 it's strength in a year, will the rigging go all slack & droopy.....(old age don't come alone!!)

Keef

Edited by keefr22

I must say, I'm extremely chuffed. I've been reading all the hooplah on the various boards about these kits. I've gone to their web site and looked (and looked, and looked). I've drooled. I've pined. I've clicked everything short of the "Confirm your order" button.

And yet I've resisted! I am STRONG! I don't do WWI. I just sold a Roden Brisfit because I decided I was *never* going to build it. Am I more likely to build a 1/32 Brisfit? Not much.

Now, about buying those kits as investments.... :)

J

was talking about these kits at the club on monday night.

just could not resist the temptation and just ordered the Bristol fighter, lets see how long it takes to get here :unsure:

added bonus with these kits at the moment is that they will send them post free :yahoo:

also as a added added bonus if you pay with pay pal you get a exchange rate of $1.44 to the £, now beat that in the current climate.

Edited by leader3

also as a added added bonus if you pay with pay pal you get a exchange rate of $1.44 to the £, now beat that in the current climate.

They've got them priced in US dollars though, so there's no issue with the exchange rate. And just you stop trying to turn me to the dark side, you evil little man you!

:)

J

Couldn't resist, I've joined the WingNutters, one SE 5a winging it's way over to me, just have to wait for an expert to build one to get some pointers.

Cheers

Den

Couldn't resist, I've joined the WingNutters, one SE 5a winging it's way over to me, just have to wait for an expert to build one to get some pointers.

Cheers

Den

I'd love to have a look at this when it arrives Den :wub:

I don't do WWI. I just sold a Roden Brisfit because I decided I was *never* going to build it. Am I more likely to build a 1/32 Brisfit? Not much.

Now, about buying those kits as investments.... :)

J

I can't get excited about them, :shrug: WW1 stuff just doesn't do it for me I'm afraid and as far as investing goes, Ebay will probably be swimming in them... lots of people declaring a minimal or no interest in WW1 but buying one or two because they are limited edition and so well done...kit arrives...like 99% of kits it goes into stash and eventually gets sold on ebay once the fad passes. It happens time and again with the must have kits of the moment and especially so with stuff thats a little bit outside the mainstream...Revell Ju-52 anyone?

The idea of movie producers making kits is interesting though... :hmmm:... I wonder if Michael Bay could be persuaded to invest in a 1/32 F-22 :lol: ....and a 1/32 Megan Fox to go with it :analintruder::rofl: