Sea Fury question

speedy

I'm in the middle of doing my 1/48 Trumpeter SF. I've got a glance at a couple of photos and seen the lights under the wings. What are they for and what colour would they be?.

iirc they are red and green as per the nav lights,both in the same housing but angled away from each other pointing out and down

so the ship could tell which way the aircraft was heading when lining up for finals

im sure someone will give you the definitve answer ,till then "MY WORD IS GOSPEL" :winkgrin:

iirc they are red and green as per the nav lights,both in the same housing but angled away from each other pointing out and down

so the ship could tell which way the aircraft was heading when lining up for finals

im sure someone will give you the definitve answer ,till then "MY WORD IS GOSPEL" :winkgrin:

Almost; in fact they were signalling lamps, with red and green (as shown in Andy's photo) under the starboard wing, and a single amber light under the port. The pilot could select the required combination as "colours of the day."

Edgar

Edgar,

Thanks for adding the fact that the port light was a single amber, I quite forgotten to mention that. That's what happens when I post things late at night and am tired. :)

Regards,

Andy