Vampire FB.5

On 8/13/2021 at 10:37 PM, MercerGranddaughter said:

@Deanflyer this was my Grandad. It is lovely to see this & hear your story. My mum would love to talk more & has some photos etc that you might be interested in. Let us know the best way to get in touch. Clare

Hello Clare,

As it is such a long time since you asked for Information regarding your Grandfathers death on that fateful day  perhaps I can help  I was stationed on the 501 Squadron and served under him for most of the 3 years. I was there on that Friday the 13th. I have quite a few memories of him and some tales  of our Squadrons happenings both at Filton and our Summer trips to Gibraltar for months at a time.   Hoping to hear from you.

Kind Regards   John Daly

• Like 1

1 hour ago, john daly said:

Hello Clare,

As it is such a long time since you asked for Information regarding your Grandfathers death on that fateful day  perhaps I can help  I was stationed on the 501 Squadron and served under him for most of the 3 years. I was there on that Friday the 13th. I have quite a few memories of him and some tales  of our Squadrons happenings both at Filton and our Summer trips to Gibraltar for months at a time.   Hoping to hear from you.

Kind Regards   John Daly

I sent you a message a couple of weeks ago John...

Dean

2 hours ago, john daly said:

Hello Clare,

Kind Regards   John Daly

Hi John, I'll pass this on to my mum & uncle. Do you have an email they can contact you on. Best wishes Clare

On 8/13/2021 at 10:37 PM, MercerGranddaughter said:

@Deanflyer this was my Grandad. It is lovely to see this & hear your story. My mum would love to talk more & has some photos etc that you might be interested in. Let us know the best way to get in touch. Clare

Hello Clare,

I served under your grandfather at Filton and was there when the sad event occurred.                    Dean has my email address and  I would certainly like to see the photos that your                        mother has plus I am also still in contact with another ex Filton lad  who was  stationed there at that time, he  also has some photographs from that era. He certainly remembers  your grandfather giving Deans father flights in the Meteor  

Look forward to hearing from you and passing on some reminisces.

Kind Regards   John Daly