IMG_4662.jpg

IMG_4663.jpg

IMG_4664.jpg

IMG_4666.jpg

IMG_4668.jpg

IMG_4669.jpg

IMG_4671.jpg

IMG_4672.jpg

these next few were from the display at Cosford. I've posted them partly because they show a few angles difficult to photograph in the static and partly as a tribute to the guys who throw this huge beast around the sky so dramatically :worthy:

PICT0234.jpg

PICT0241.jpg

PICT0243.jpg

PICT0246.jpg

PICT0247.jpg

PICT0250.jpg

Steve.

• Like 1

Ooh look at that stressed skin - definately one for the records. Lovely photography - whats your shutter setting? the prop blur is spot on !

Woah, there's some pretty scary looking skin ripples on that little beauty! I wonder how much of that is caused by the throwing around! :lol:

I notice in the flying pics that the stbd rear fuselage is covered in oil too......... :whistle:

Jen.

First time I saw it I was thinking "Yeah yeah, boring chopper, just sailing about in the air", but by the end of the display I was grinning like a tit :D Same with the Herc display too... very inventive. ;)

Glad you approve :) .

I first saw the display at Waddo a few years back. It's impressive all right, I especially like the bit where it comes barelling down the runway and then he throws it into 'hand brake turn' right at crowd center - great sight and sound at that point.

It does scare me a bit too. I'm sure it's rigorously planned and certified, but you can't help thinking 'is it really designed for that?' at times.

Skii: The shutter speeds were 1/200 apart from the last one where it's 'going vertical' at 1/250.

Andy: Like the head on shot, how did I miss that one? looks like you pics were later in the day after the mist had cleared :)

Steve.