1/72 Revell GR1

Bloody hell he does make models after all :P

Cheeky monkey :monkey: ...and I do get to go to a show or three! :bleh:

OK here's the tub all together - fits very nicely - and nose cone with a generous dollop of Milliput roughly filed to shape. The shape of the GR proboscis is about the only serious error with the Revell kit.

Image04.jpg

peebeep

• 2 weeks later...

Failed miserably to complete this on time, but I'm going to press on in any case. Perhaps one on the mods would be so kind as to transfer this thread to the appropriate WIP forum?

I did manage to assemble the mid fuselage/wings, also tidied up the radome and whacked it onto the cockpit tub. The shape still isn't quite right, I think the problem is that it doesn't droop down enough. I'm surprised that none of the aftermarket boys have not picked up on this component, other than the replacement radome in the Flightpath set - it is quite expensive to buy this set if all your after is the radome.

Image05.jpg

I had also assembled the elevons but the connecting pins looked fragile and predictably one of them broke off so I removed the other one and will fix them back on at a later stage. The tie bar is still in place so I will use a micro drill and fix them back with thin steel wire.

peebeep