1/72 Grumman F7F Tigercat

wkennerley

Hi All

This will be my GB entry, F7F Tigercat to be done as a US Marine Corps aircraft based at NAS Anacostia, Maryland around 1948. Mostly the monogram kit with some bits from a revell kit as mine was missing parts (Thanks Wooksta)

No box pic as it came without a box, decals are fom a Revell kit.

DSCF5580.jpg

some revell parts

DSCF5585.jpg

Monogram parts

DSCF5586.jpg

DSCF5588.jpg

DSCF5587.jpg

Edited by wkennerley

Took me a few months of looking before I found one of these (decals on the window to cure yellowing), they're meant to be a super little kit.

Looking forward to seeing her come together.

Yea took me a while to get one I could afford, hence the fact it was missing bits - But the kindness of Britmodellers has sorted out that minor problem

Bexy - You are right this will be a laugh a minute kit, it will simply be an OOB build, possibly some minor cockpit mods

Yea took me a while to get one I could afford, hence the fact it was missing bits - But the kindness of Britmodellers has sorted out that minor problem

it will simply be an OOB build,

certainly will be , you didn't get one !!! :rofl: seriously though nice subject seen a real one display lovely sleek aircraft

With a little bit of imagination, a pinch of Inspiration, and dash of perspriration, and copious amounts of Enthusiam will make this BEAUTY STUNNING... you GO Wayne...

I am looking forward to following this..

Houston.... :cowboy::pilot:

Not done much today, built up a bit of a cockpit as the plane won't have a pilot fitted to fill the space. Sprayed the interior colour, put together some sub assemblies, undercarriage undercoated plus props. Tonight some sanding and a bit of cockpit detail painting perhaps. oh and i need to straighten the one fuselage half

DSCF5592.jpg

Edited by wkennerley

I reckon I've seen more Tigercats than most people, as I've been to the Air Zoo in Kalamazoo and the Pensacola National Naval Aviation Museum.

FWIW, the cowling interiors had the exterior colour "blown in" so that the interior colour is only visible near the cylinders.

I reckon I've seen more Tigercats than most people, as I've been to the Air Zoo in Kalamazoo and the Pensacola National Naval Aviation Museum.

FWIW, the cowling interiors had the exterior colour "blown in" so that the interior colour is only visible near the cylinders.

Thanks Brews, the interior colour on the cowling interiors is merely a base coat as there was some left over in the airbrush

Cheers

Wayne

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi All

Finished way after the Group Build end date, I got a bit behind with thsi one but its all together now. A nice kit, decals I had were a pain but it looks ok in the photo's, better than in the flesh though!!

Wayne

DSCF5704.jpg

DSCF5706.jpg

DSCF5707.jpg

Looks really neat! Almost tempted to make a start on my Centaurus powered FAA one...

I'd love to see that when it's finished, resplendent in Sky/EDSG I daresay, though I'm sure it would look good in Sea Blue too.

Joseph