Ligier

Looks good so far Sean... keep up the good work, and Give Marie the hammer so it doesn't get trashed ;)

Nope that hammers mine all mine ..anyway I have to build this up or Steve won't be pleased with me , plus I got to get a few cars done for the Donnington show ...Well finished it up got all the suspension done ..On to the Drivers tub

Ligierbuild006.jpg

Ligierbuild007.jpg

Ligierbuild008.jpg

Ligierbuild009.jpg

Hi Sean

Have you a pic of the original? I used to follow the F1 until Michall Shumacker ran away with the trophies. Changed over to touring cars after that.

Wonder what this year will hold for the F1?

Nige

Nice one Sean. Does your kit have nice 'rubber' tyres or the original yucky rigid polystyrene ones?

I have quite a few Ligier piccies if you are interested.

I'm looking forward to the rest of the build.

Phil.

Nice DFV. Heller 1/12?

Thats the kit and have to say its pretty good , even the rear suspension this straight even Tamiya couldn't manage that on their 1/20 P34

Nice one Sean. Does your kit have nice 'rubber' tyres or the original yucky rigid polystyrene ones?

I have quite a few Ligier piccies if you are interested.

I'm looking forward to the rest of the build.

Phil.

Hi Phil ..Not sure on the tyres apart from they are black and rubbery but they seem pretty OK ..I'll have a looky at those pictures if you don't mind

I'll have a looky at those pictures if you don't mind

I'll have a rummage tonight. After that, I'll find the piccies too. :analintruder:

Phil.

..I'll have a looky at those pictures if you don't mind

Right, here ya go Sean.

JS11 pics in a thread from F1M.

JS11/15 pics from Gurneyflap.com

Sorry they're by link but I can't get into BM at home at the mo and I can't upload files at work.

I'm a bit short on JS11 pics as it turns out. Most of mine of the JS11/15 from 1980. There's not very much difference so if you'd like those, I can send 'em to you. Wanna drop me a PM?

Phil.

No worries Sean. Glad to be able to help. I'm one of those alleged modellers who has more reference material in this area than is good for them. I'll finish a model soon, honest.

Phil.

• 3 weeks later...

Well believe it or not I have been working on this kit since my last post ... well more progress this is a strange kit to do , as in you can't build anything until youve painted it ... but you can't paint it until you built it ..but I have worked my way round this ..somehow

As for the decals these where a nightmare which I won't do into too much as in their total shiiiite and don't fit properly !! and then after 3 days of microset , micro sol and of course half a ton of klear ..only for them to lift up and rip when I put some tammy tape on ..luckily I had spares ( Sorry Phil no ciggie advertising for your one )

So heres some pictures (Dont laugh too hard guys )

Seat

Ligier018.jpg

Ligier008.jpg

Steering wheel and dials

Ligier010.jpg

Completed engine and fitted exhaust system

Ligier012.jpg

Ligier011.jpg

Now next picture as we know Cigarette advertising has been banned by some guys in Europe ( Funny some other guys in Europe did that in the 1930's ) , as we will look at this and go buy some ciggies

I had to mix up the paint myself which was 9 parts revell 52 1 part revell 54 ..But the decals look pretty bad

Ligier005.jpg

Ligier007.jpg

Ligier015.jpg