Tamiya Mogami

Phil Reeder

Last Wednesday I went into my local model shop,and was pleasently surprised that he had in stock the latest Tamiya ship kit of the IJN cruiser Mogami in 350th.What was more of a surprise was the price he was selling it at,£78,I heard that price would be in the region of £130.I asked the owner if this was the correct price,he assured me it was.On this mornings visit ,I raised this again ,and he double checked and confirmed that £78 was indeed the price.Naturally I bought one and am glad I did,it`s a fantistic kit!

He is willing to do mail order at this price,plus of course postage and packing,As it is a hefty box it would cost quite a bit to post aboard.

If you are interested e-mail:[email protected]

Bye Phil

Sounds like a bargain Phil... It's probably a good time to go visiting those dusty old model shops that have old stock left over from before the price hike/currency issues. I recently got a Tamiya kit for about half the current list price from a site that hadn't adjusted their prices. I noticed that they did after my purchase, but to their credit they honoured my offer to buy at that price & it now sits in my stash.

I arrived at my LMS this morning to be greeted by a shame-faced shopkeeper.He admitted that they had made a mistake with the price of this kit,it should be £139.99.I`m sorry for misleading you folks.but I`d asked him twice to check the price.Of course now I owe him some more money,which I`m not forced pay by law,but I class the people at this shop as my friends,so I`ll pay it-reluctantly!!Sorry once again Phil