blimps scw build .

blimp

003-14.jpg
starboard side is easy , the open door covers most of the five , and no need for the last digit ! :lol: touchups and matt coat are ongoing , grr , dust in the paint . a scrub with a toothbrush should help sort that . . . Edited by blimp

Looking good, T.

grr , dust in the paint . a scrub with a toothbrush should help sort that . . .

I've tried to stop dust getting into the paint - putting a cover over the wet model, making sure the brush, if using one, is really clean. Just can't seem to prevent at least a couple of bits getting on there.

sorry i havn't been posted anything recently , i've been feeling a bit yuk lately (oink?) but i'm back on the case .

. . . on with the never ending saga ! :blush:004-8.jpg

[/left]

thought i'd forgotten about this bit , didn't you ? :P after a bit of number crunching i came up with a drawing , a quick carving and sprue sticking session later had the basic sides done .

005-8.jpg

. . . the top and bottom frames were bent up from some square brass rod , they'll give it some much needed rigidity and stay in shape , unlike styrene .

006-7.jpg

a brief check , the slipper fits !

007-4.jpg

so does the bucket :D deep joy ! oh , hold on , do i hear a donkey in the distance ? . . . . . yes , coming dear . . .

Edited by blimp

thought i'd forgotten about this bit , didn't you ?

:P after a bit of number crunching i came up with a drawing , a quick carving and sprue sticking session later had the basic sides done .005-8.jpg . . . the top and bottom frames were bent up from some square brass rod , they'll give it some much needed rigidity and stay in shape , unlike styrene . 006-7.jpg a brief check , the slipper fits !

so does the bucket :D deep joy ! oh , hold on , do i hear a donkey in the distance ? . . . . . yes , coming dear . . .

<Iain indulges in a bit of modelling espionage and secretly captures images on microfilm for reference...>

Spaaseeba tavaareesh - oops - I mean 'cheers mate!' ;)

one of these Bucket-y things Nakajima? :winkgrin:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U-7QSMyz5rg...feature=related

Ah - classic - thanks for that! :)

Iain

:puke: 'evening all , cold not over yet , so i've avoided any spraying up 'till now . but i added some wiring and instrumentation , along with the lower windows framing . then , feeling brave , and as the xtracolours take so long to cure i risked a coat of '63 ( not '65 as the bombaimers dustbin was a field 'kit' addition - i think it would still have been in it's normal home service finish and the aircraft was already in camo before it arrived ).

005-10.jpg

[/left]

006-8.jpg

004-9.jpg

i also did a bit of touching up on the fuselage , prior to adding the black panelling on the nose section and wings

001-25.jpg

i drilled the oil cooler ends , ready for attachment , i might seperate them first though as the centre one is often seen set lower than the others .

001-24.jpg

getting near to finalizing it all now , guns , glazing and odd dodahs to do yet . then a little weathering . so close now ! :deadhorse:

Edited by blimp

phew , it's been all go here at blimp towers , most of the weekend up a ladder doing 'guttering' lovlely . i have just managed a couple of hours -

i thought i could save some aggro by using the 'pedro' decals from the roden He111 sheet . so i just checked how some went . :blink: instant self destruct !

[/left]

001-26.jpg

bovvered ? me ? no probs . a lick of microscale liquid cecal film and . . . .

003-16.jpg

TRALAH! not quite kosher , just a little fixing up needed , that's all , ahem .
:)

002-23.jpg

. . . . and whilst they're setting i made up some lever thingies for the bomb aimer . i have a sneaking feeling that there's a lot more in this area , but i can't make out anything else from the photos i've got . anyway if i open up a panel here now it'd fill up the insides with debris , so i'm leaving it as it is . TTFN

sorry for being so lapse in my posts folks , - it's official , i've got the 'ol swne flu . and i'm feeling . . . well , dire . :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: solitary confinement in bed etc , etc . will update as and when .

Sorry to hear that T. I heard on the news today that swine flu cases are well up this week; so the dreaded autumn bout of infection that they forecast looks like it might happen after all.

Anyway, get well soon, mate.

(PS. How did you ever hope to get this modeldone within the timeframe of the orogal groupbuild?? )

this bug notwithstanding , the real world got in the way , and my old mum used to say my eyes were allways bigger than my belly :doh:

- never mind , i'm on the last bit now . on the plus side the next post should be the last !! YIPEEE .

orogal groupbuild??

Have you been partaking of too much whiskey by any chance, Maxidad? :P

for medicinal purposes only of course!

or have you got the dread flu as well? :lol:

look forward to seeing the finished article Blimp, but kinda sad too as this thread has been such good fun! :D

hope you are feeling better now mate!

• 2 weeks later...

late again , i got 'caught in the act ' uploading some pictures this morning . missus sez "you've got better things to do !" :fight:

but here at last are the remaining stages of the build . i'd hoped to get them done outside in good light but the weather was filthy . so the 'gallery' shots will have to wait till tomorrow now . anyhoo :thumbsup2:

[/left]

001-28.jpg

ENGINES ON

004-11.jpg

002-25.jpg

MASS BALANCES WERE REANGLED AND BUILT UP WITH WHITE GLUE

005-Copy.jpg

NEW GUN , ADAPTED FROM A MODELCHOICE RESIN MG17 , FLASH SUPPRESSOR REMOVED , NEW RECIEVER/BREECH AND GRIP ADDED . EDUARD ETCHED SIGHTS

007-5.jpg

SUN CURTAINS , SLIDING HOOD , AERIAL AND D/F LOOP .SCRATCHED OIL GUAGES AND WIND DRIVEN GENERATOR TOO , GREMLINS ATE THE KIT ONE , AND THE GUNNERS DOOR . . .

005-11.jpg

NOT FORGETTING THE SEMI-DEPLOYED LANDING LIGHT

. . . . THAT'S ALL FOR T'NIGHT FOLKS , I'LL DO THE GOOD 'POSER' SHOTS TOMORRA . - CHEERS , BLIMP .
Edited by blimp