blimps scw build .

blimp

ok ! ok ! :whip: i admit i've been slacking today ,i've been a bit off topic today. my excuse was a trip to hendon to see their new 'baby' - the FE2 ! great exhibit , a black painted a/c in a dim hanger !!!!! <_< what's wrong with putting it in the graham white hanger with all the other ww1 stuff ? grrr .

my nose is back on the millstone , mr walrus sah ! . . . :angel:

. . . you can let go of my ears now .

hello boys and girls , times aticking , and i must get a move on ! doing some cockpit stuff today . as this is a military aircraft the comfy civvie seats had to go . . .

P7040107.jpg

to be replaced with some 'buckets' , ( the crew used their paracutes as cushions ) back padding being made from plasticard , seatbelts next . the large (?) trim wheel was made from 15 amp fusewire with the centre 'mecedes star' from foil . i've been all thumbs this morning , the carpet monster has eaten three of 'em already . more anon .

cheeky *%!@ :rofl: you're not bad either y'know sarge .

003-9.jpg

[/left]

i knocked up a billet of car filler to make a master for a new vac canopy ( i want to have the side windows open ) but my 20year old tub has gone a bit iffy . i've just got some more so i'll do another tonight .

005-6.jpg

i also made some 250kg sc's , primed and test fitted . lifting eyes and a coat of paint pending .

006-6.jpg

the kit console is as bald as a babes bottom , some work needed here too .

001-10.jpg

thinning down the hub on the kit 'steering wheel'

002-11.jpg

some painting done to see how things are going , the wash of tamiya smoke didn't come up as well as i'd hoped so i'll try something else .

Edited by blimp

blimp mate, I'm serious, you are doing stuff here that I wouldn't dare attempt.....I'm happy bending a bit of etch, sanding off the odd pour-block and maybe even cutting some plastic card (so long as I have templates), but this stuff.....Maybe next year! :o

All the best

Andy S.

sarge , i reckon , if you can do vickers bogies in '72 , you can beat me anytime :D

001-11.jpg

[/left]

the battery needed charging , so here's a couple more i missed posting . some seatbelts going in .

002-12.jpg

the new master for the canopy , roughly carved into shape , sanded smooth and then coated in thin superglue . car filler is a bit grainy and soft - so the CA becomes a hard skin which can be finely sanded and polishes up very well , better than something like kleer which is acrylic -(also plastic and melts about the same temp as acetate sheet !) but you'd still need to be careful , or it sticks !. <_< - it's time for some kip . tatty bye , 'nighty night peeps .

Edited by blimp

003-10.jpg
very rough idea of what i'm going for , side and top panels will be slid back and sunscreens added over the crew positions . now i'll have to make a tidy job of the dash ! :shutup::weep::banghead:

the instrument panel underway . Reheat bezels on a coat of Xtracolour RLM 02 gloss while it's still tacky . 001-12.jpg

the other knobs , switches , placards and dodahs to be added when it sets . :hypnotised:

tju52a02.jpg the bezels are still a bit oversize so it's an early style panel as there isn't enough room for the later versions :analintruder:

Edited by blimp

dear diary , not much to show at the mo . the airbrush decided not to play properly , a new needle and tip sorted that . bombs painted and fitted , the interior has got it's first colour coat and is drying . just knocked up the radio operators chair out of some brass wire , foil and plasticard . the radio and navigator equipment , rear gunners 'stand' etc. to make yet .as soon as that is sorted out i can start on the outside :P the easy bit !

Edited by blimp

back to the bench at last , i was at a certain airshow all day testerday , time to get cracking .

055-1.jpg

getting the insides sorted out , new windows were cut from strips of acetate and fitted , nice and clear as you can see (not !) :analintruder: . to avoid the usual glue issues , CA fogging , lack of adheshion with liquid types etc. i mixed some acetone (sticks acetate sheet like the proverbial blanket)with about 20% EMA plastic weld (to activate the kit plastic ) result - a glue that works on both materials simultainiously ! now the fuselage formers can go in . they'll help hold the panes in place too . then i can get the last little bits and the interior paintwork finalised , AT LAST B)

Edited by blimp

:sleep_1: hello boys and girls , tonights piccie -

002-14.jpg

the fuselage formers , cockpit doors and radio operators chair are in and i'm just sorting out the overhead hoist . centre window will be open as well , damned hot in spain y'know , especially in a tin box , plenty of ventilation needed i reckon .

:frantic: hello my lovelys , tick tock and all that , it's about time i started to close the fuselage ,

so i've decided to call it a day on the cockpit , i reckon it looks busy enough -001-14-1-2.jpg

then i can get the wings on - the underside skinning needs sorting yet ! :whip: