blimps scw build .

blimp

alrighty then , here are a few snaps of progress - cid_75D0C6E978554CFEA89606FDC30D4E0.jpg

first some corrugated foil , overlaid with stretched sprue for the lower walls . . . .

[/left]

cid_8DC91ED1DFEA4556BF7901B0DA04C2B.jpg and the port side with bulkheads and floor .

cid_2BA8E5D6AE5E4AF9933C72224E0FD3C.jpg

a few holes . . . . the main sidewall formers , they will have to go in after the windows . ( thin acetate sheet , to keep the thickness down ).

cid_BAE16F193A8F48788D34C56D2F76B85.jpg

. . . doing a bit in the cockpit as well , this might even be seen afterwards :analintruder:

cid_6D0783FFDB4A46C18F03CC95A1DF4CC.jpg

yup , it still fits together . . . onwards and , er , inwards :S

. . . . run out of foil , time to stock up (hic) . - blimp .
Edited by blimp

Very nice build you got there Blimp!

I see my photo's came out well :analintruder:

Oh and my "upset tummy" is back to normal now. Maybe that's why you stopped bugging me with calls lol :evil_laugh:

I still can't get over the fact that you gave so many models away!!! I was with ya when you bought most of those! :unsure:

Glad my pics came out well though, even though it's not the "super dooper camera" hahaha

Edited by A380

thanks walrus , there's heaps to do . as i progress/research , more and more stuff gets on the 'to do' list . i'm doing the basics first , so i have the option to do most of the variants . a fully equiped bombay/dustbin turret could be on the cards yet . and i still have to do the engines - 27 manifolds + exhausts . . . . . :huh:

- and the heinkel is looking at me . . . . oh , cheers for the piccies A380 ! yes , came out well . ta muchly .

[/left]

ju52_0-1.jpgoutside loo , anybody ?

ju52003.jpgju52004.jpg this could get very silly . :stupid:
Edited by blimp

Nice looking scratch-building there blimp! The 2 pence piece literally puts the incredible detail into perspective. I admire your patience!

• 3 weeks later...

- good news , my 'ol man is going home today ! so no more getting up at 6.00am and getting back at 8.30pm , :sleeping: ( i have a bit of catching up to do , only 4 weeks late ! )

the basic interior is nearly done , bomb racks and turret next .

just a quickie , as colour photography was in it's infancy chromatic pictures of the scw are rare . but look wot i found ! :yahoo:moor.jpg

a 'tante ju' and some of general franco's moroccan troops en transit . ( a hand coloured monograph - missed the camo on the plane ! :doh: ) Edited by blimp

lovely work on that interior blimp, Id better get my finger out and start some of those lovely SCW kits you sent me!

get cracking lad! :whip:

if you need any reason have a look at the finished builds already in the gallery

good stuff indeedy

BTW hope your dad is better now Blimp

I still can't get over the fact that you gave so many models away!!! I was with ya when you bought most of those! :unsure:

Outstanding generosity, we really ought to treat blimp to a beer or three at an opportune moment.

And :post1: A380.

peebeep

not much done this weekend , as mrs blimp is on a 'now your home , the kitchen , living room , etc . needs decorating' hinting session . :blink: but i've had a go at doing the bomb racks , the plastic i'm using (old margerine tubs) seems to act like vinyl. it even resists mek , i also tried making a complete new panel of card and stretched sprue for the underside of the fuselage and it just delaminared on me ! the loading door is in , kit corrugations removed and glued some new corrugated panels to it , some very delicate filling and rescribing needed here , ( the bomber dosn't have the door , just the small rear one ). the roof is 99% done now , just the overhead winch and gunners stand to do . it's time to see that nice camera man again . . . .

Edited by blimp

just a quickie , as colour photography was in it's infancy chromatic pictures of the scw are rare . but look wot i found ! :yahoo:moor.jpg
a 'tante ju' and some of general franco's moroccan troops en transit . ( a hand coloured monograph - missed the camo on the plane ! :doh: )

Hmmm...

Iain ponders doing a transport instead of a bomber...

Nice work blimp - recon you'll beat me to the finish line :)

Iain

- don't count on it Iain ! :rofl:

. . . . todays little gaffe , the ex-loading door has been put in back to front :whistle: the rear windows are now too far aft . ho hum , deary me . - i'll take a break for a wee bit and have a fidget with an engine instead :bangin: Edited by blimp

:bye: the weekend at last . i had a few hours this morning to do some catching up . so , engines - the intake manifolds for the aeroclub engines were made from annealed brass , bent and cut with a good scalpel , attached with tiny spots of superglue gel .( the carburettors needed shortening as well ) then i found a townsend cowling i'd made yonks ago for a scratchbuilt I-15 , now spare as i have several kits . and just to frustrate the moths a few more holes . . . . piccies pending .

great fun , i brought some fuse wire for various cable runs today and i've 'lost' it . (drilled the spark plug holes 'n everything) :whistle:

never mind i have a new toy , a decent camera with macro . bandwidth detonation !

here's some piccies wiv my noo camera . . .

first off , a bit of work on the roof .020-1.jpg

[/left]

next some nice inlet manifolds .006-1.jpg

they fit too . :analintruder:008-2.jpg

oh yes , i found that 5 amp fuse wire too .002-3.jpg

replacement townsend cowling004-4.jpg

it's those plastic moths again 005-1.jpg

stuck together

002-2.jpg

ready for the top peices

003-3.jpg

ah , one of my little helpers turned up !015-2.jpg

dove coates , dove coates mate . partial to a bit 'o pigeon pie this crew ! :P

Bmw132.jpg

( finks ) " hmmm , note , between the cylinders , did the engines have these hot climate air deflectors in spain . . . " :hmmm:

Edited by blimp