Spanish Civil War GB

Welcome to the forum for the Spanish Civil War GB. I have high hopes for this one, it should be fascinating and I know some of you are planning some interesting and colourful builds. Your hosts for this GB are walrus and myself.

The protaganists - taking a rough head count - are:-

peebeep

heraldcoupe

walrus

stebos

wyverns4

Maxidad

Jon Kunac-Tabinor

VG33

Antoine

Deon

Azul

beany

CPNGROATS

blimp

darson

seamus

John B (Sc)

A. Frampton

gcn

timbo33

Sgt. Squarehead

Doug Rogers

FZ6

Erwin

32SIG

Feel free to open up a build thread, but no cheating, the official start date is April 1st. As we have a little leeway in the GB calender I'm proposing that it run until July 31st.

I would suggest that build threads have your name in the Topic Title and your proposed build in the Topic Description, that is the kit you will be working with plus the kit scale. I'll start one up to show you what I mean.

peebeep

Same for me I think. Need to get my 2nd naval build done, d-day build done & hall build done before I think I can get started on this one.

It's great to have such a wide range of topics, but makes it very tricky to avoid swamping myself!

My modelling desk is clearing nicely in time for the 109B. :thumbsup2:

- you're just showing off ! - there's still time for my paints to set rock hard in their tins yet . :doh:

I'm away on holiday from 1st April 'til 20th so I'll be a late starter. Will try to run my SCW build in parallel with a couple of others including D-Day!!!!

I'll do one or more of the following:

Academy 1/48 Bf 109D - Nationalist markings

Academy 1/48 Polikarpov I-16 - Repuiblican Markings

Airfix 1/48 Ju 87B - Nationalist markings - this has to be modded to a B1 so might not happen in the timescale

Tim :frantic:

Edited by timbo33

Hi Tim

you need a couple of I-16's to even up the score!

am sort of going to be in the same boat- my daughter will hopefully be visiting during school hols which will slow me down- but there was never a better reason for not modelling

also will overlap as i need to finish a Naval Forces GB build

I'm definitely in for this one, but I will probably be making a late start as I'm in the (currently very slow) process of decorating my modelling area.

I shall be building two T-26s tanks (Skif/UM kitbash & Mirage) and a BA-6 armoured car (UM), all in 1/72 and now all as Republican vehicles in a slight change of plan.

Time, availability and pennies permitting I may also build a roughly equivalent Nationalist force, probably a couple of Pz Is (Attack & Italeri) and a CV-33 (DOC).

For what it's worth & all the best

Sgt.S

Hi Chaps

some relevant and timely releases:

RS Arado Ar 66 Spanish air force ( Spaign Civil war) from Rumours central forums- not sure when this will be released

but

MPM have rereleased their Arado 95B "Land Version" with Nationalist markings

also the 95A floatplane

not sure about the sub-types looking at the Aircraft of the Spanish Civil War website

Welcome to the forum for the Spanish Civil War GB. I have high hopes for this one, it should be fascinating and I know some of you are planning some interesting and colourful builds. Your hosts for this GB are walrus and myself.

The protaganists - taking a rough head count - are:-

peebeep

heraldcoupe

walrus

stebos

wyverns4

Maxidad

Jon Kunac-Tabinor

VG33

Antoine

Deon

Azul

beany

CPNGROATS

blimp

darson

seamus

John B (Sc)

A. Frampton

gcn

timbo33

Sgt. Squarehead

Doug Rogers

FZ6

Erwin

32SIG

Feel free to open up a build thread, but no cheating, the official start date is April 1st. As we have a little leeway in the GB calender I'm proposing that it run until July 31st.

I would suggest that build threads have your name in the Topic Title and your proposed build in the Topic Description, that is the kit you will be working with plus the kit scale. I'll start one up to show you what I mean.

peebeep

Sorry People

I'm going to have to withdraw from this GB.

Personal Issues, can't see me doing anything for a few months.

Sorry Again, will drop by and visit as often as I can.

Andrew

Well just a couple of days to go - Yay!

peebeep

heraldcoupe

walrus

stebos

wyverns4

Maxidad

Jon Kunac-Tabinor

VG33

Antoine

Deon

Azul

beany

CPNGROATS

blimp

darson

seamus

John B (Sc)

gcn

timbo33

Sgt. Squarehead

Doug Rogers

FZ6

Erwin

32SIG

Tornado 64

hopefully Andrew maybe able to join us later - no pressure mate but you will be getting a visit from the GB Falangists if you don't get well and join in! ;)

if i have missed anyone please give me a prod :poke:

hi redboost , welcome to he group build ! that is one nice N-D 52 . love the colourful scheme :welcome:

- what is the kit like to build ? some of the azur kits are a bit tricky , you've done a really good job on that .

I would like to enter, with a Tupolev SB-2, 1/72 from MPM

You certainly can!

peebeep

heraldcoupe

walrus

stebos

wyverns4

Maxidad

Jon Kunac-Tabinor

VG33

Antoine

Deon