Spanish Civil War GB resources

• 2 weeks later...

Update....(Bazza-Style)

Started on the Airfix,Henschel Hs123 A-1,cut off the rear headrest,filling,& shaping to suit....

Painted WEM Colourcoats' RLM 63(more on that subject later....)Plus Revell Matt#49,(RLM 65)Under Top wing.

Now the :poo: starts!! (that three-tone camo-job!!)

Started the Hasegawa Heinkel He 51......Lost the plot completely,with the Top Wing to Fuselage joining-bit,& sent it flying.....!! :rant::wall:

It just WOULD NOT happen for me !! :shit::shit::shit: !! So abandoned that one,Sorry,Guys !! :boom:

One down,one to go....

Cheers,Bazza.

The RLM 63,conundrum!!

There appear to be TWO variations of that Pre-War German Camo colour,RLM 63 !!

One,(A), appears to be a light "Pearly Grey" RLM?? 40/51(Used on Lufthansa A/C,)

The Other,(B), RLM 63 LOOKS like a oh,so,SLIGHTLY darker shade,of RLM 02 !!(used on Single Colour Bf 109's i believe....)

WHICH one do i use for the "3-tone" Hs 123 Camouflage??

A,or B ??

Answers,please,chaps,before i go loopy !! :frantic::mental:

Gracias,Bazza

Hi Bazza

we have had this conversation before- but i can't remember where :doh:

i think it was a Bf109 build

will looksee

does this help?

anorak time fellas , a quick guide - a clue to the colours is the code style and the propeller , the first BF 109b's with the wooden prop were painted light grey overall (63) . as they were upgraded/overhauled with metal props ( B2's) they were also given new paint jobs , including revised code styles . so it's possible to have an airframe seen in light grey '63 , grey-green 62 over light blue 65 and later still as the front moved further north darker tones were preffered . some had additional areas of brown 61 . later photos show that by the wars completion they were generally plain old 62/65 but also with black wingroots , it hid the soot . when germany left spain they also tarted up the planes before handing them over to the spanish units . so the same aircraft can be seen in different colours . . . . some even sported the newest 70/71/65 european scheme 6-29 , 6-34 , 6-36 , 6-38 and 6-42 are known .

so , for 6-10 = wooden prop / light grey /small code .

[/left]

metal prop = grey green over light blue restyled code .

wars end = grey green over light blue , 14 (unconfirmed) kill markings on the fin , and the legend ALTERTUM on the engine cowling . it can get confusing - i'm off now . time to kill plastic !

it was Tim's 2nd build gcn

Edited by walrus

It was and I can't remember where but i'm sure I posed the Question and Blimp answered.

I have the WEM RLM63 waiting for my 109 and thats the darker/greener version of RLM02. It's not what i'd have expected it to be based on Condor 109's i've seen either modelled or in photos. I'm still undecided on what colour to actually use.

Hi Bazza

sorry to hear of the problems with the he51

cant find your build threads for either of them

if you haven't already please could you start a build thread for the Hs123

or am i going yampi?

No Walrus,You're not goin' yampi,i am!! :mental::frantic::banghead:

i gave a brief run down earlier,so that's how it stands...no pictures,i'm afraid.....(Too SCARY!!)

As for that RLM "63" conundrum.....

Oh,"What the Hell"!!.... :wacko::shrug:

I'm going to go for the "PALER" Grey colour,in the Three tone scheme,

as there won't be much difference in the comparision,between '63,&62,(Grun),otherwise.

Be back,soon,Adios,Bazza.

P.S i'll probably post a couple,when i'm done.....

Edited by Bazza

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...