just tried it and it worked okay :shrug:

no idea what is going on

so here it is again without the google image search:

militarescw HOMEPAGE

and just for you (and everyone interested in the I-16):

MOSCA

JU52

FOR THE TRACKIES

there are some more useful vehicular pages immediately after this one so click on older posts

will ammend home page link above also

thanks for the other Links Tim and Blimp

hadn't forgotten that one honest

Hi All!

Have been researching the Cant Z 105 and found a useful website

http://www.seawings.co.uk/

Although I don't think there are many flying boats listed there may be at least one Fairchild 91 lurking out there!

Also for anybody building a flying boat this is a must visit site!

HTH

Christian the Married

[quote The Fairchild is a lovely looking aeroplane in my eyes, would be great if someone can build one :hint:

Nice hinting there Walrus :winkgrin: !

Christian the Married

Hi there,just to be a "know-all" :winkgrin:

Do bear in mind,that,(with the exception,of the Bf 109),the Fascist/German subjects,were finished in a topside 3-Colour "splinter" Camouflage.

Namely RLM61,(Dunkelbraun),RLM 62,(Grun),&,RLM 63,(Gruengrau)

Undersides were finished,in RLM65,(Hellblau).

Hope this helps?? :shrug:

cheers,Bazza.

P.S am ordering,said,paints,(fom WEM) after this write-up....

hello loverly peeps , just some observations on scw markings . there are only a few available on the aftermarket :( - Blue rider decals can sometimes pop up , sheet BR221 has enough bf109's to please most people , as well as some for the Heinkel 112 and Bf 108 . BR215 has SB-2's I-16's and grumman FF-1 / G-23 's in nationalist styles (including some post war ones) . BR408 has two post war heinkel 111's and a DH tigermoth ( all 1/72 ) . sometimes i can get codes and unit markings from other kits , they may have scw options in them ! ;) other than these , things are rather limited . the earlier nationalist style can be rehacked italian fonts , using the old slice 'n dice :rolleyes: republican markings are usually red bands etc. easy enough to just paint . codes are another kit/spares situation . making your own , using decal paper / printer can be the only resort . - ( the Small Aircraft Company did some markings in 1/48 , and there are plenty of 'pencil noses' sheets available in the same scale ). BTW - another overlooked detail is the black disc's on the early legion condor a/c including prototypes , they were sometimes painted oversize as anti aircraft gunners were trigger happy beggars when it came to unfamiliar aircraft . so it's best to go by actual photo's if at all possible . as for the actual camoflage colours , well . . . .

whoa ! i only just stumbled on it :rofl: i'll have a good read later . there's loads of stuff there , i didn't know it existed 'til now . - colour of what ? the '70 ? - my gut instinct is white over medium green RLM 62 , but i'm happy to be proved wrong . :stupid: - blimp .

no problem , as i understand it the german and italian forces used regular stock colours , the republican forces had theirs , plus french and the russian supplies for the armour and aircraft . yet more research . ha ha .

no problem , as i understand it the german and italian forces used regular stock colours , the republican forces had theirs , plus french and the russian supplies for the armour and aircraft . yet more research . ha ha .

why couldn't they just have used Humbrol :doh:

try these - http://www.ipmsstockholm.org/colorcharts/colorcharts.asp

http://www.ipmsstockholm.org/colorcharts/colorcharts_2.asp

[/left]

- and from the horses mouth . . . http://translate.google.co.uk/translate?hl...%3DGEe%26sa%3DG

sorry , it's another translated site . - i can't get a direct link to work , bear with me ! - scroll down to 'articles' + 'colours of the luftwaffe 1933-45 '
Edited by blimp

That is fantastic Libor

the way things are panning out i may not get around to this kit as intended for the gb but they sure are going to be helpful afterwards :thumbsup:

have you seen the Vultee pages on the website Blimp found. managed to get some translated pages. there was a bomb rack in the Republican version- but not sure what it was like

also a very interesting grey colour scheme i found there! not sure of what colours tehy are or how accurate but looks great to me!

Hi,

thanks, I'm trying to check that site but for unknown reason the page still crashes; I'll try later on.

I know about the bomb rack(s) on Republican machines. As far as my poor French allow to understand the Airmagazine article, the passenger seats were removed from the cabin and replaced with six vertical bomb racks (I guess something like Italians used on SM.79 or Germans on He 111). Don't forget on the fixed machine guns, one per wing and one synchronized mounted on fuselage side (not sure about its exact position as the period pictures are not clear enough on this).

Grey color scheme sounds good, not sure seeing such, but quite possible I guess. Or it might be mismatched with dull NMF.

Cheers

Libor

Edited by Redboost

Cheers Libor

was thinking about vertical racks alla heinkels of the period- that gives me something to go on.

still unsure about those greys :shrug: it looks like the same as one of the photos in your article. can fall back on the green/sand mottling if nothing turns up

thanks also for the heads up on the fixed guns- assumed there must be some cos of the gunsight