604 Squadron Demons

Christopher

I was looking at the sequence of 604 Sqaudron Demons from the Flight Archives and one picture caught my eye. This is FA13033s which shows a view of the squadron from above. One can see the upperwing markings and the roundels but three aircraft have red triangles instead of a centre red spot. Can anyone clarify why this is so? It does not appear to be a flaw in the film as all the other aircraft have the expected national markings.

I was looking at the sequence of 604 Sqaudron Demons from the Flight Archives and one picture caught my eye. This is FA13033s which shows a view of the squadron from above. One can see the upperwing markings and the roundels but three aircraft have red triangles instead of a centre red spot. Can anyone clarify why this is so? It does not appear to be a flaw in the film as all the other aircraft have the expected national markings.

You can also see it on 13029. They actually appear to be irregular shaped spots - however enlarging the picture suggests a square patch immediately inboard of the roundel centre spot. At a guess, the marks are repair patches doped red oxide positioned next to the red roundel spot

http://www.flightglobal.com/imagearchive/G...s/FA_13029s.jpg

FA_13029sen.jpg

Edited by Dave Fleming