"SEEADLER" *New pics added*

Just finished this beast today. My photo background was just big enough to fit it in.

Anyway, its the Revell 1:72 Junkers Ju 290 A-5 "Seeadler" built straight from the box, all I added was swastika decals on the tails as these are not includedin the kit due to legality in Germany (obvious reasons).

It built absolutely beautifully despite its sheer size, approx 17in long with a w/span of 22in, and was a rapid build once theinterior was painted up. I used a Tamiya rattle can for the undersides RLM65 and Gunze RLM74/75 for the top.

Build thread: http://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=27548

It'll be on theBritmodeller table this weekend on sunday at Southern Expo if anyone wants a closer inspection.

All comments/criticisms welcomed as usual.

Seeadler044.jpg

Seeadler040.jpg

Seeadler041.jpg

Seeadler045.jpg

Seeadler043.jpg

Seeadler038.jpg

***UPDATED 14th March***

Here a couple of pics of the diorama scene I have added to the 1/72 Seeadler model and base.

The figures are from Preiser and the Kubelwagen is from Academy.The figures are brilliantly moulded with separate heads, arms and legs with some natural poses too. The ladders and working platform are scratchbuilt. Its the first time i've done anything like this, so any comments and/or criticisms welcomed!

First up is maintenance being done on the engine. I deliberately added more exhaust staining to this engine to give them a reason to be working on it! The barrels, jerry cans and crates came with the Academy vehicle kit, the tool boxes are with the figures

Seeadler047.jpg

Here is what I imagine are three crew talking about various pre/post flight stuff, the guy in the coat has just drawn up in the Kubelwagen, if I had thought earlier, I could have had one of the doors opened on the Kubelwagen.

Seeadler048.jpg

Seeadler049.jpg