Today I've applied most of the decals:

066.jpg

067.jpg

068.jpg

This was easy, I just cut off part of the decal it would be under the support:

069.jpg

This one, with a little bit of Decal Softer got in it's place:

070.jpg

This one was such a headache! Even been with Decal Softer for whole last night, didn't fit right in it's place: :wall:

071.jpg

Some things to do in the next Modelling Time:

- Finish the painting of the tires;

- Glue the engine pipe;

- Glue the external fuel tank*;

- Paint the black strips in the arresting hook;

- Paint the dark "walkaway strip" in the wings...

And some more things I can remember now.

* Regarding the external fuel tank: Italeri shows in the boxart a tank in gray. The same gray of the upper surfaces of the aircraft. I search in the www and I couldn't find only one Skyhawk (on Vietnam) with a tank in gray. All of them have their tanks in white. So, I keep the tank in white and applied the decals.

I hope I can come back tomorrow the post the final message in this building.

Thanks for visiting!

Paul.

Hi all!

Last things done in the Scooter...

Exhaust engine pipe: Ready!

076.jpg

Walkaway strips: Ready!

077.jpg

Wheels and tires: Ready!

078.jpg

Ooops! An accident in scale, but it's easy to fix: A broken arresting hook.

079.jpg

These were the last pictures I took. The Scooter is ready. I am waiting for the final Flat Coat dry and will be taking the final pictures.

Best!

Paul.

Well, it's finished!

Here are the pictures:

084.jpg

085.jpg

086.jpg

087.jpg

088.jpg

089.jpg

Please, feel free to do your comments. All comments are welcome. If you think: "This" or "That" could be better, please: Tell me. I won't kill myself if somebody say something is wrong, I just will try to do better in the next building. ;) It's impossible to improve without knowing our mistakes.

I wish a great sunday to all of you!!!

All the best!

Paul.

Nice and filthy Scooter Paul, she certainly looks well used :thumbsup:

Good job, pleased to see made her in just in time :)

well done Paul

will leave comments about accuracy issues to those that know what they are talking about

the one thing i would have done differently is drive myself crazy rescribing the panel lines and all those oval access panels on the wings :hypnotised:

:lol:

enjoyed watching the build :thumbsup:

Edited by walrus

Nice and filthy Scooter Paul, she certainly looks well used :thumbsup:

Good job, pleased to see made her in just in time :)

Hi!

Thank you for your nice words. To be honest, I think she could be a little less filthy. It's looking artificial.

Best!

Paul.

well done Paul

will leave comments about accuracy issues to those that know what they are talking about

the one thing i would have done differently is drive myself crazy rescribing the panel lines and all those oval access panels on the wings :hypnotised:

:lol:

enjoyed watching the build :thumbsup:

Hi!

Thank you for your comments!

I can't say I'll never rescribe the panel lines of a kit. But each time I think about doing this job, the kit returns to the stash. :lol:

Best!

Paul.

Very nice and clean work mate!!

I would suggest next time topaint the end of the air intakes blacks rather than white so it will not be so visible!

Hi!

It's really a good idea! It's one of the big problems in this kit. The air intakes finish in a wall. When I was building, I thought about to scratch the air intakes and the "front" of the engine, but I gave up. Why I didn't think about to paint in black? :banghead:

Thank you for taking the time to visit and for your words. I use to watch your builds and they are fantastic!

:cheers:

Paul.

Edited by Paul - Brazil

Paul, that's a nice little Scooter that is! I think considering all the panels and vortex generators on the wings that you have done a repectable job of getting those decals to settle down, well done.

If I had to make a criticism, it would be about the weathering. What I am about to say is actually a minor niggle, but sounds like a criticism out of all proportion to what is a lovely little build, so please don't take it the wrong way! While I don't think the weathering is too heavy as such (planes can get mucky!), there are some areas on the underside where it looks as though the wash has "pooled" and then dried out, leaving a watery-looking stain (this is particularly notable on the port flap and aileron hinge areas) - this might be what gives it the slightly "artificial" look that you noted above. Perhaps wiping or dabbing off any excess wash with a tissue or cotton bud before it has chance to dry would minimise this effect. At the end of the day, it is all down to personal taste and it isn't unlinkely that some people would actually say that effect looks good, and my opinion is no more "correct" than theirs, so really that's just my thoughts on the matter.

As for rescribing panel lines, I used to be quite scared of that myself but did this on my Airfix Sea Harrier because I figured the weathering of the panel lines would be easier as a result. I am quite pleased with the result and think it looks better for having recessed panel lines. The process wasn't as painful or difficult as I thought it might be - I just took my time, and did it little by little over a few days, and that way it wasn't too stressful! I would do this again next time I have a kit with rasied panel detail, as I think the effect you get is worth the extra work.

All in all, a great little build - well done. :D