FAA

goose

Can any one help? Airfix state Humbrol 123 extra sark sey grey & 224 dark slate grey for the upper surfaces on there club kits, plus90 beige green for the under side (1/72 scale swordfish , wildcat and seafire) these are the same for the 1/48 scale seafire. Is this right? they look grey/green on top.

Can anyone tell me the correct humbrol colours please

Yes, they are the correct colours.

John at WEM does beautiful range of paints to match these colours btw

Also the lower wing would have a similar 'shadow' scheme but cant remember the exact colours off the top of my head

Yes, they are the correct colours.

John at WEM does beautiful range of paints to match these colours btw

Also the lower wing would have a similar 'shadow' scheme but cant remember the exact colours off the top of my head

Dark Sea Grey and Light Slate Grey I believe.

Joseph

so what would be the correct HUMBROL colours the kits are, Seafire MkIIc 885 nas faa feb 1943, Wildcat mkVI 825 nas faa 1943/44 Swordfish MkII 810 nas faa 1941 1/72 scale & Seafire L.IIIc 1945 1/48 scale

so what would be the correct HUMBROL colours the kits are, Seafire MkIIc 885 nas faa feb 1943, Wildcat mkVI 825 nas faa 1943/44 Swordfish MkII 810 nas faa 1941 1/72 scale & Seafire L.IIIc 1945 1/48 scale

I'd say go with Airfix's suggestions for the monoplanes and non-shadow-shaded areas of the Swordfish, unless it doesn't have shadow-shading. I suppose one could use 164 or 27 for the Dark Sea Grey and 31 for the Light Slate Grey. An alternative for the latter might be a 3 or 4 to 1 mix of 92 and 24.

Joseph

Edited by JosephLalor