*INSIDE* Canopy Masks?

Pielstick

A few weeks ago I remember reading something in one of the model magazines about a new product - if I recall correctly they were some kind of pre-formed mask that could be applied to the INSIDE of a canopy to allow you to paint the interior. I thought at the time it sounded quite interesting and made a note to check it out.

I've been going through my magazines trying to find the name of the company and web address but for the life of me I can't find it now! Does anyone know what I'm talking about? (Do I know what I'm talking about?).

Cheers.

Surely a much more convenient way is to mask your canopy on the outside as normal, give it a coat of whatever interior colour you want to use, let dry, then topcoat with exterior colour. The interior colour is visible through the canopy on the inside, and is the correct colour on the outside.

Yes that's how I usually do it :) The problem is it doesn't look very convincing when you want to pose an aircraft with the canopy open, especially one that opens sideways like a BAe Hawk or Bf109. I was curious to see what these new masks are like.

I'll have another trawl through the magazines, I'm sure I didn't imagine it!