Revell 1:48 F-105G Wild Weasel

Thanks Martin, I fear I have screwed up as I have put the ALQ105 on and as you say they are only on the G not the EF-105F So she migh have to be a EF modded to do G duties :doh:

What is MoH?

That might be a bit "iffy". The Gs were modified from the Fs, so an F modded to do G-work is, in fact, a G :smartass:

It's your model tho', so you can do pretty much what you want, eh? Just look at how my AMI Tornado ECR is coming along!

Two Thud pilots got the Medal of Honor, Cpt. Leo K. Thorsness as mentioned, on April 19th '67 and Cpt. Merlyn H. Dethlefsen on March 10th '67.

It's looking great Mish!

That might be a bit "iffy". The Gs were modified from the Fs, so an F modded to do G-work is, in fact, a G :smartass:

It's your model tho', so you can do pretty much what you want, eh? Just look at how my AMI Tornado ECR is coming along!

Two Thud pilots got the Medal of Honor, Cpt. Leo K. Thorsness as mentioned, on April 19th '67 and Cpt. Merlyn H. Dethlefsen on March 10th '67.

It's looking great Mish!

Thanks Martin, No she isn't a MoH aircraft.

Ay up Sis,

This is looking better as the days go by :worthy: Im certainly learning as your going along :worthy:

Hey Martin, I'l let yu know when I start mine, keep ya PM box free :kissing2:

Bexy

Edited by bexwh773

Thanks Sis, if ya going to build yours wheels down get the aeroclub legs for her. she sure is wobbly on the kit ones.

Youre welcome :wub: I'll go for "KISS" and sling the legs up me thinks :wicked:

Bexy

Ay up Sis,

This is looking better as the days go by :worthy: Im certainly learning as your going along :worthy:

Hey Martin, I'l let yu know when I start mine, keep ya PM box free :kissing2:

Bexy

Looking forward to seeing yours too Bex! I got the kit in 72nd myself, but it looks to be almost identical to the 48th ones!

More info Martin from another forum:

EF-105F's did carry the earlier Standard AGM-78A missile (no external difference to the later one the G carried), so you would be fine to hang a couple of those under the inner pylons, a fuel tank under the centreline and an AGM-45 Shrike under one outer pylon with either and ALQ-87 or ALQ-101 under the other outer pylon ( as dictated by 'General Ops' )

Alas I have no ALQ-87 or ALQ-101 so mine as it stands is a right hybrid (cockup) :(

Alas I have no ALQ-87 or ALQ-101 so mine as it stands is a right hybrid (cockup) :(
If you don't say anything, I won't either :shutup::D

I assume the decision to hang one or two STARM depended on distance to target and how good the tanker-coverage was.

Today's efforts, after spending all day yesterday applying stencils today I concentrated on the canopies and the stores.

Guess who forgot to spray the canopies black before the main colour :doh: Still got the rear canopy to finish off. (BTW they are bluetaced in position for the pics)

ywzlv1.jpg

ywzlv2.jpg

Today's efforts, after spending all day yesterday applying stencils today I concentrated on the canopies and the stores.

Guess who forgot to spray the canopies black before the main colour :doh: Still got the rear canopy to finish off. (BTW they are bluetaced in position for the pics)

ywzlv1.jpg

Mish those canopies are big enough to hand paint the insides by hand so don't worry it looks great from here. The 105 is one of my favourites i have at least three of that kit and one or two in 1/72

Ted

Way to go MISH!!!!..........y'know you're really quite good at this modelling thing....I get inspiration from you and others in this forum. Keep up the good work and make us more proud than we already are.... :kissing2::thumbsup2:

Edited by Angels49

Geeeeez Mish!!.........you warming up to go looking for contests?....Or just showing how good a proper done "Thud" should look. Very, very, very nice....so when ya gonna pack it and ship it to the US say someplace in Southern California :D:whistle:

Just read this thread and am seriously impressed. About halfway through my build of this one (my first model kit for over 30 years!) and what a beauty it is. About to start painting the outside and I wish mine would be about a tenth as good as this one. Seriously impresssed and very scared of doing mine now.

Well, thank you all, I'm flattered.

Seriously she has some faults, a lot of my own making, but I'm pleased with her. The kit is not bad for an oldie. Building again I would invest in some after-market U/C legs, sourced some better colour matched paint and researched te aircraft rather than rely on what comes with the kit.

Clif I'm not good enough for competitions.

Terrain Safe and Simon. I returned to modelling in September of 2007 after at least a 25 year break to find that standards had raised, methods have changed and I needed to relearn. This I'm still doing by watching and listening to other modellers from here and elsewhere. Keep at it you will be turning out masterpieces in no time at all.