RAF Tucano 1/32

Hello friends, I have been very busy in my job and house, so unfortunately I have not too much time for my project.

Well just some little progress I want to share with all of you.

Thanks for all the comments, and for looking.

Lets go to the pictures

First the back part of the canopy, the detonation cord. Here I had to stop using the plastic rod because there was too many curves, so some wire was usefull

DSC05588.jpg

DSC05591.jpg

Here is the nose wheel well inserted into the fuselage, it is just a box because I coludnĀ“t find any pictures.....

DSC05589.jpg

DSC05590.jpg

And the wing wheel weels ( just one at the moment)

DSC05555.jpg

DSC05577.jpg

DSC05578.jpg

DSC05602.jpg

And finally some work on the fuselage

DSC05598.jpg

DSC05599.jpg

DSC05605.jpg

That is all for the moment, hope you like it.

See you.

Great work, here's my 48 scale model I made a few years back. While the black scheme is great, a review in a recent magazine here in the UK had a super detailed 1/72 aircraft in the old training colours of red / white / grey and boy did it look fantastic!

regards

Chris

PB210048.jpg

Edited by chrismac60

Phartycr0c, thanks for your words, its is not so dificult as you think, it is not a special, try your own. Of course start with a simple model, and donĀ“t give up in the way!!!

chrismac60, really like your work, it looks beautifull, I will paint mine like this one

http://www.airliners.net/photo/UK---Air/Sh...cano/1490441/M/

see you

Edited by gato

• 4 weeks later...

Hello everybody!! a little update of my work, not much, but making some progress.

Well the pictures....

First of all, I had to cut the fuselage and the wings for placing them in the correct place. Yes it was a little bit scary!!

DSC05659.jpg

DSC05660.jpg

Here you can also see the wheel weels inserted into the wings

DSC05661.jpg

DSC05671.jpg

And the results

DSC05690.jpg

DSC05693.jpg

Here the turbine exhaust, made in 2 parts so I can separate it and vacuforme it, and some air intakes, same as the one near the nose that you can see some pictures above

DSC05694.jpg

I hope you like it

See you soon

Love the cling film technique - it's inspired. Does it always separate easily from the filler?

Hi Kirk, yes, it always separates easily from the filler. Just check that in the place you are going to put the filler, the film is stretch.

Glad to help.

Hi Agustin,

I have just stumbled across this thread of yours - excellent scratch building there my friend (I use very similar building techniques when I scratch build my own aircraft/master patterns myself). I find the hardest part is actually thinking about how to tackle any given problem! Thank you for sharing your build with us.

Best regards

Derek

Edited by Derek Bradshaw

Derek, thanks for your comments, I appreciate them, specially after looking at your work, I think I have seen all your topics here and also in LSP forums, I really enjoy them.

Now you can understand why you find your buiding techniques similar to mine.......... I have learn from your work :smartass:

I wish I could achieve just a little percent of your skills

Maybe I could ask you "how to do" some things during my building??

Regards

Derek, thanks for your comments, I appreciate them, specially after looking at your work, I think I have seen all your topics here and also in LSP forums, I really enjoy them.

Now you can understand why you find your buiding techniques similar to mine.......... I have learn from your work :smartass:

I wish I could achieve just a little percent of your skills

Maybe I could ask you "how to do" some things during my building??

Regards

Thank you Agustin...I feel very humbled indeed. Please do feel free to ask me anything you wish at any time, I shall be only too glad to try to assist you.

Best regards

Derek

Edited by Derek Bradshaw

Wowee, this is fantastic. I am awestruck. I wish I could do work like this, just would not know where to start! Absolutley brilliant, thanks for sharing.

All the best

Chris

Thanks Chris for your words, I am happy that you like it!!!

See you at the next post

Agustin

:gobsmacked:

Gato This is one amazing build!! Your work and skill are truly inspiring. Is this your first scratchbuild?? May I ask what inspired you to choose a Tucano??

I really cant wait to see this all put together.

Cheers

Mike

Hi Mike, thanks for looking and for your words.

This is not my first scratchbuilt model, but yes I could tell you is the first serious one.

I choose the Tucano just because I love the design and also because I really like the paint scheme used by Linton-on-Ouse.

Thanks again for looking and any suggestions are welcome.

Well, I just stumbled across this thread & there's only one thing I can think of to say - Brilliant work!! :speak_cool:

I'm looking forward to seeing this one progress!!

Keef

Keef, same as Mike thanks a lot for your words.

See you next post

Cheers

Agustin

First of all thans to everybody for your kind words, I really apreciate them.

Here is a very little update....

The rudder

It was made of 2 mm plastic (3 of them together)

Ahh and also the first scribing atempt......not very good, but I learned some things for the rest of the model.....

DSC05753.jpg

DSC05756.jpg

DSC05758.jpg

Hope you like it

See you

• 4 weeks later...

Hello my friends, thanks to everybody who has stoped here and watched, and also for the comments.

Here some pictures. I am preparing to start painting soon.....

Navigation lights

DSC05934.jpg

DSC05940.jpg

DSC05942.jpg

DSC05948.jpg

DSC05993.jpg

spinner

DSC06020.jpg

DSC06027.jpg

DSC06031.jpg

and tail

DSC06043.jpg

DSC06044.jpg

DSC06042.jpg

See you soon with more pictures

All the best

Simply wizard ol' man, you are now in the upper echelon of modeling, a level to which many aspire, but few ever achieve. Keep up the marvelous work. I will be following this one with interest.