EA-6B Prowler

Hi all! Apologies to those who may have already seen this over in the GB section, here it is again :)

This is the Hasegawa 1/72 kit which I picked up very cheaply at Telford (£4 cheap). It is OOB apart from the decals which were donated by RichardE. There was need for quite a lot of filling and sanding, and the cockpit detail is dire (as is the canopy fit) but it certainly looks like a Prowler now!

357204977.jpg

357204976.jpg

357204975.jpg

357204973.jpg

357204971.jpg

As well as the decals, I knocked up a pair of FOD guards since the intakes lack any depth or detail. The paint is a mix of Gunze Sangyo acrylic and Xtracrylix for the darker grey. Weathering wise, I have used preshading, postshading, oil wash, promodeller wash, pastels and oils! :lol:

It's been an enjoyable little project - just a few minutes here and there whenever I could in between other projects. Now that it's finished I am pretty pleased with the look of it too :)

Jen.

Beautiful build Jen, I may have to pillage some of your pre/post shading techniques for my Super Bug when I get round to slapping some paint on ;)

Yet another great addition to the GB :thumbsup:

Fantastic, I like it so much I had to comment in here too ;) Really love the weathering and shading job on it, really brings it to life!

And those intake blanks are good too. It was worth hunting around for the pictures now ;)

Karl.

Nice one Jen, your a right old Dynamo. Love to know how you girls do it, whilst fitting in the washing, cooking, housewok, ironing, etc ;)

Excellent build Jen, looks a bigger scale than 72. Got your weathering down to perfection.

what he said. Got yourself a little jewell there Jen :)

Hello Jen, guess who's back, and ready, willing and definitely admiring another Jen Jewel, yup it's ol hamfisted me :lol: . Excellent craftmansship (or should that be craftspersonsship :rolleyes: ) of da prowler, purely inspirational.