After seeing my loft........Now here is my Cellar!

Tony OMG I am gonna have to show my missus this to see if she will allow me more room.

All the best

Chris

Hiya Chris,

Whats even better is my missus built the shelves in the cellar for me one day whilst I was out at work.....she`s quite a DIY expert and a lovely girl with LOTS of patience...but thats why we`ve been wed 17 yrs now!! However she had an ulterior motif in this case as we had to free up the spare bedroom because our son was on the way and we needed somewhere for him to sleep!! I don`t make a habit of slave driving pregnant women by the way but everytime I came home from work she was up ladders painting ceilings or cutting wood etc, and trying to give me heart failure!! In the end I asked her mum to pop in unanounced to check on her when I wasn`t there in order to make her rest and stop her from hurting herself which worked as our son is now 10 years old ...how time flies!

Cheers

Tony O

Crikey Tony, glad she was okay, I wish my missus would do the same for me. Mind you we have another little one due in 4 weeks, more sleepless nights !!!

I am confined to a small workshop I have built in the loft which has a N gauge railway layout (unfinished) and my models. Mind you she let me build a huge garage for the bug and camper so I can't complain and consider myself lucky to have her her really.

All the best

Chris

Hiya Folks,

Whilst copying photos to Photobucket I thought you might like to see some of my cellar........showing where I keep the rest of my built up models!

Cellar1.jpg

Cellar2.jpg

Everything is 1/72nd scale....see how many aircraft types you can spot!

I`m just having a change around and the same shelves should be bulging with naval types soon!

Cheers

Tony O

Ah. so that's what my stash would look like if I ever built it - apart from the quality of course. :worthy:

Nick

• Haha 1

Meh. I've got at least that many kits in my cellar.

Of course, none of them are actually built.....

Great collection! I've just cleaned and organized our basement, and am amazed at how much room there is down there. I'm going to keep my eye out for a store display case..then I can finally build some of those big four-engine bombers in my Stash (maybe even that Monogram B-36!) Fortunately, I'm one of the dozen or so modelers in the States who builds 1/72.

SN

• 10 years later...

Well a few weeks ago we had a massive downpour of tropical proportions and within 20 minutes the cellar was flooded up to knee height and many of the models were also toppled when then the plastic shelves floated,...... so many of these models are now ruined!!

Cheers

Tony

• Sad 18

11 minutes ago, tonyot said:

Well a few weeks ago we had a massive downpour of tropical proportions and within 20 minutes the cellar was flooded up to knee height and many of the models were also toppled when then the plastic shelves floated,...... so many of these models are now ruined!!

Cheers

Tony

Oh man, that's a damned shame Tony! 😪  I'm sorry to read this bad news; have you any hope of fixing them back up?

• Like 1

Sorry to hear Tony, must be heartbreaking to see such a disaster. Hopefully you can restore at least some of them.

On 3/10/2009 at 4:45 PM, tonyot said:

Well I`m 38 and the oldest model left in there is probably around 15 years old!

Bummer! I'm just 35 now and have nowhere near as much finished kits (in fact only three which are in a quite sorry state already). Better start another hobby like knitting...

Cheers

Markus

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Gary Brantley said:

Oh man, that's a damned shame Tony! 😪  I'm sorry to read this bad news; have you any hope of fixing them back up?

Thanks Gary,.... hopefully I can salvage something,...... but I`ll probably lose around half of them.

36 minutes ago, Shorty84 said:

Sorry to hear Tony, must be heartbreaking to see such a disaster. Hopefully you can restore at least some of them.

Bummer! I'm just 35 now and have nowhere near as much finished kits (in fact only three which are in a quite sorry state already). Better start another hobby like knitting...

Cheers

Markus

Thanks Markus,..... yeah I can sort some out,.... but as above,...I`ll probably lose around half,..... plus all of the shelves have to go too. Having so many finished kits isn`t all it is cracked up to be,...... as you run out of room,....... I`m struggling to find room for a 1/72nd fighter these days!

I`ll take a pic to show what it looks like now that the water has been pumped out!!

Cheers

Tony

So sorry to read this. I hope a good few survived unscathed (I'm rooting for those Beverleys) and you are able to restore any really tragic losses. Restoration of models is a noble pursuit, Spencer Pollard is currently restoring various ancient models built by Francois Verlinden in the 80s and it's inspiring stuff.   

All best, Harry

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Sky Keg said:

Wow Tony!!!!!  You certainly have been busy.  Very impressive.  Way cool!!!! :coolio:

Mike

Thanks mate,.......those pics of the cellar were taken in the early 2000`s and we had a flood down there a few weeks ago! 

2 minutes ago, ColinChipmunkfan said:

And I thought I was a modeller with a display cabinet with 120ish models and another 50 or so boxed in the attic- clearly I am just dabling part time in the hobby-  Truly amazing Tony.

Cheers Colin,..... the collection has grown considerably since I took these pics mate,..... but the flood a few weeks ago has taken something of a chunk out of the cellar models! 

3 hours ago, Silver Fox said:

Oh gawd Tony, I am so sorry. 

SH 1 T happens Andy,..... just one of those things eh! 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, AliGauld said:

Hi There,

You must be gutted. I know that I would be.

I sincerely hope you can salvage something from the disaster.

Cheers,

Alistair

Cheers Ali,...... like I said to Andy,.... SH 1 T happens mate,......... nothing I could do about it,....... I`ll probably lose the majority of them, if I can keep 50% I`ll be winning. All the shelves have to go too.

Terrible story! But the water (even muddy) did not really destroyed them I hope. But the cleaning could demand more work then doing new one...

I am so sorry

Regards

J-W

• Like 1

What an extraordinary display of built models!

Very sorry to hear that a few succumbed to a basement flood - but having the photos of the collection might ease the pain somewhat.

• Like 1

Fantastic collection, mate!

I wish I had that much display space at home - you must have a very supportive/understanding missus as well!!!!

Regards

Dave

• Like 1

What an absolutely glorious collection of aircraft models!

I think I need to get a wiggle on and sort out the loft conversion sooner rather than later....but with a mini me on their way, finding the time for kit building will become increasingly more difficult.

Love that there is also a Beverley in your collection too....an aircraft that has a special place in my families history.

• Like 1