Tamiya X-20A Thinner

Mr_Sworld

It wasn't me!

I'm now tooled up with IPA, de-ionised water and some retarder so I'm making my own brew now. :lol:

There were at least 3 people willing to bid silly amounts to drive the price that high as well!

Seems to be very expensive stuff! This afternoon on ebay 2 X 250ml bottles of it went for £36 plus £3 odd postage! Has it replaced Fine Malt as the tipple of choice? MODeller

Seems to be very expensive stuff! This afternoon on ebay 2 X 250ml bottles of it went for £36 plus £3 odd postage! Has it replaced Fine Malt as the tipple of choice? MODeller

Yes......... See previous posts?

• 2 weeks later...
It wasn't me!

I'm now tooled up with IPA, de-ionised water and some retarder so I'm making my own brew now. :lol:

There were at least 3 people willing to bid silly amounts to drive the price that high as well!

Excellent combination from personal experience. I use Windsor & Newton Flow Improver - a small bottle lasts for ages as you only need a few drops per spraying batch. BTW, the flow improver also works well with Games Workshop colours if you're brushing them. Not tried airbrushing them yet.

Halfords Cellulose is a good cutting agent as well. I like that as it gives the paint a bit of bite to stick to the plastic.

Have fun,

Jonathan

Just bought 2 x 250ml bottle of Tamiya X20A from luckymodel, which cost me $12.75 in shipping. Some people on eBay really should do a little shopping round :doh:

Just bought 2 x 250ml bottle of Tamiya X20A from luckymodel, which cost me $12.75 in shipping. Some people on eBay really should do a little shopping round :doh:

Will they ship that to the UK ? :clap2:

Edited by Tibs

They will deliver it. I recently received 2 x 250ml bottles of X20a and 2 x 250ml bottles of Tamiya lacquer thinner from them in the same box.

• 1 month later...
I've just seen a post over on Promodeller that says the Tamiya thinners have been discontinued:

mjl1132 - "I emailed The Hobby Company, the Tamiya registered UK importer, and asked them the position with regards to the metallic paints we have not seen in the UK for some time as well as the X-20A thinners. This was the brief reply I got:

"Some of the range of TS paints are coming back in about June this year. The thinners have been discontinued.""

I find it a little hard to believe that Tamiya would completely discontinue their range of thinners, but it could explain the lack of availiability.

Hobby Co delivered 36 bottles of the 10ml X20A to my works last week, so X20A aint discontinued. Maybe they've discontinued the large bottles.

Mark

Edited by chadders

Luckymodel delivered 2 bottles to my home a couple of weeks ago too for less than a tenner, so paying £25+ on eBay is just another example of people not shopping round, and getting caught up in a bidding war :shrug:

Luckymodel delivered 2 bottles to my home a couple of weeks ago too for less than a tenner, so paying £25+ on eBay is just another example of people not shopping round, and getting caught up in a bidding war :shrug:

Mike's 2 bottles now on ebay :evil_laugh:

Julien