So, has anyone actually BUILT the Airfix Lifeboat yet?

Dave Fleming

My apologies for my curt comment to Dave (Warshipbuilder) in the second paragraph of my previous post. I have been following Richard M's build on ATF and his 'joking' comment about using blue as a base coat didn't seem a bad idea. -I though he was being serious!

I know someone who works in a Custom Car paint shop. He often uses totally different colours for base coats to change the shade and depth of top coats. He particularily uses this method for 'Candy Colors' and Colourshift paint.

Anyway, back to the whole point of this fun hobby.

Great finish there Richard! When this kit was announced by Airfix way back when, and when it finally came out I must say I wasn't too bothered about it. But seeing builds on here and ATF I'm impressed enough to probably go buy one and have a go myself.

I would imagine doing the spraying would be much like how I use rattle cans to do 1.24/5 cars. You have to build the parts in sub assemblies and spray them before fixing together as there are so many intricate parts that would be almost impossible to mask afterwards.

Cheers.

My apologies for my curt comment to Dave (Warshipbuilder) in the second paragraph of my previous post.

Anyway, back to the whole point of this fun hobby.

I wouldn't waste any time worrying fella... he's gawn now anyway ;)

I agree wholeheartedly about the fun part, AND that Rich has ended up with a fantastic glossy finish on his boat... just shows what you can do when you put your mind to it :thumbsup: