1:32 Bf 109G-6

EagleCals decals, Hasegawa kit - built a few years ago (just noticed that I need to fix an AWOL nav light cover).

Airbrushed with LifeColor acrylics - white distemper over standard camouflage is mixture of Tamiya white and clear - very heavily thinned.

britmodeller028.JPG

britmodeller027.JPG

britmodeller026.JPG

britmodeller025.JPG

Iain

32SIG http://www.skywriters.net

Edited by 32SIG

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks both - am a bit proud of this one - captured the look of the original nicely - although there is some debate as to whether Mickey appeared on both sides, or not...

Iain

Cheers Les - although I'd argue it's not a power ranger suit - it's a 'retro' bargin Hein Gericke two piece...

If you really wanna see the one piece 'power ranger' outfit - just shout! ;)

Have had too many offs without leathers to mean that I always tool up when I ride these days :)

Whatya working on atm?

Iain

Iain,

That is one of the most impressive 109's Ive seen in a long time. The paint job is just superb :worthy: Any idea of the significance of the Shamrocks? A pilot with Irish heritage perhaps?

Bex

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks again for kind words...

Don't really enter competitions - I think it's a confidence thing - but we were short of space on our stand at the Torbay show a few years back so I put this model, along with a Ki 84 in the competition.

I was pleasantly surprised to win the larger scale aircraft class (the Ki 84 came third) :)

Iain

Edited by 32SIG

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...
Iain,

That is one of the most impressive 109's Ive seen in a long time. The paint job is just superb :worthy: Any idea of the significance of the Shamrocks? A pilot with Irish heritage perhaps?

Bex

Or a four-leaf clover for good luck? I sometimes wonder about the Shamrocks on some US Marines aircraft. Splendid model anyway.

Joseph

• 1 month later...

Thanks for the encouraging words Iain.

Just finished the 21st Century one too - will post pix at the weekend.

I'll look forward to seeing these since an old friend of mine was very involved in the production of the 21st C kits.

Cheers,

Dave

EDIT: Just realisedthat I have the same EagleCals decal set, although I intend to build Christl as I've built some of Barkhorn's aeroplanes in 1/48.

Edited by Dave Gibson