HMS Clover

desmojen

Wow, it's amazing what those tiny details bring out. I'm impressed at how straight & neat your pe work is. Good to see a ship in colours more striking than a simple grey as well.

I did it I did it I did it!

After many, many hours of fumbling, head scratching, cursing and holding my breath (essential when working with small parts) I am calling this one finished :)

366034433.jpg

And with her WEM 1/700 baby sister..

366034432.jpg

There are a few bits missing which weren't in the kit, and I have simplified some of what is in order to preserve my sanity. Better instructions with a few diagrams would have been a massive help, folding up some tiny PE guns you can hardly see is one thing, but trying to do it when you have no idea what they are supposed to look like is quite another!

366034430.jpg

When I had finally got all the PE on, I flat coated the whole model, and then added some stainage with pastels. I also added some rudimentary rigging with some of my own personal hair. While doing this I discovered that hair isn't a brilliant rigging material for something this small as it requires too much tension to hold it straight. It is the only thing I have which is thin enough though, and I think it probably looks slightly better than no rigging at all.

366034428.jpg

366034425.jpg

Thanks for the encouragement along the way chaps, I've enjoyed the model and I am proud to have another HMS Clover for my shelves :D

Jen.

Thanks guys :thumbsup:

Mick, by pennant number, do you mean the K134 bit? If so, it is there, but not very obvious - it's a light grey....

Jen.

Sorry, yes I see it now, need to get an eye test!

Mick

Great looking builds Jen, is there anything that you do; that you don't do very well?...keep'em coming kid ya doing great.