Fisher 1/32 Sea Fury

Hi all, don`t normally do WIPs but thought by doing this it would give me an incentive to finish a model in one go !!! This is a really nice kit but expensive !!! saying that you don`t need any aftermarket extras to finish it off which usually cost me a small fortune on top of a basic kit anyway !! The resin molding is quite impressive but is showing its age in some areas but nothing that isn`t easily fixed and some of the minor fit issues are just a fact of having resin parts molded this big.

2007_0714seafury0006.jpg

Started on the cockpit and this is fantastic in its own right but its a pity most of it can`t be seen that well when it is insde the fuselage !!

2007_0714seafury0007.jpg

2007_0714seafury0008.jpg

2007_0714seafury0009.jpg

2007_0714seafury0010.jpg

2007_0714seafury0014.jpg

2007_0715seafury0004.jpg

Found one slight problem with the kit - it had two left hand horizontal stabilizers :hmmm: I could have e-mailed fisher kits for another but with a little bit of sanding and filler I managed to the converted the second left hand one to the right with out any really problems

2007_0715seafury0003.jpg

2007_0715seafury0001.jpg

The propeller housing is built in a jig as below

2007_0715seafury0007.jpg

sandy

Very nice work on the cockpit! I have wondered what this kit is like so it will be good to follow your progress on this one. Looking great so far! :thumbsup2:

I find it's very tricky to make a black cockpit look visually interesting, but you've pulled it off very well.

I've been eyeing this kit up as well (along with MDC's Typhoon), so I'll also be following your build.

Brilliant finish on that cockpit. How much is this kit out of interest?

With postage and the good pound / dollar rate at the moment it`s about £110 !!!! you know you want one !! :lol:

sandy

With postage and the good pound / dollar rate at the moment it`s about £110 !!!! you know you want one !! :lol:

sandy

You are a bad man sandy, just wait till my misses finds out I bought one?? :whistling: Did I also say she does kickboxing!! :deadhorse:

• 2 weeks later...

Well its coming along (slowly) - glad to see i`m not the only one doing one of these !!! Its all together and primed as you can see in the first pic. I`m going to do it as an RN aircraft in the korean war - not the most original scheme I know but I like it !! Second pic shows the initial masking for the wing and fuselage stripes then the final pics show the stripes and preshading - hope to get a bit more done this weekend.

2007_0726seafury0031.jpg

2007_0726seafury0034.jpg

2007_0726seafury0036.jpg

2007_0726seafury0038.jpg

Quick upadte - managed to get a bit done yesterday pm and this morning - fuselage basic painting finished , weathering still to do. starting to look good . typical Istart a build then a mag states it`s goin to do a build article next month !!!!!!!!!!!!(model airplane international )

2007_0730seafury0006.jpg

2007_0730seafury0007.jpg

2007_0730seafury0008.jpg

Hi Steve , used xtracrylics from Hannats , RAF Extra Dark Sea Gray and Sky along with night black and white for the stripes - seems to give a pretty good reprentation of the colours. Also used Phils brown `Sludge ` to highlight the panel lines. The wing walks were created by masking the required area and using an old brush to `dab` in thinned filler to produce a `rough` effect then painted black , seems to work well.

Just about running in parrallel with gunpowder on this build. Nearly there as you can see below , bit of weathering to do , stencils to go on , whole thing needs a coat of matt and then a couple of rockets just to finish it off - only problem is I can`t find the weapon decals - what is it about things disappearing in my work shop !!!!

2007_0731seafury0012.jpg

2007_0731seafury0013.jpg

2007_0731seafury0014.jpg

Cheers for the comments , couldn`t agree more with gunpowder on how nice a model it turns out - as for getting another , could be interesting getting that past her indoors !!!!! Gunpowder yours is looking good aswell , it`s been intersting to have to same build going on to see what your thoughts have been . Am still working out how to place the gun barrels in the wings at the mo , and had problems lining up the lights on the lower wing so I filled them and intend to paint a silver disc and cover it in a gloss coat to simulate the lense. Only minor issues in a very impressive kit.

Excellent build there Sandy... is that not a brilliant kit??? really enjoyed my one . Im trying to get Paul to do the two seater..

Cheers,

Neil

Name dropper :P

Nice job so far Sandy ;)

Dear Santa may I have a Fisher Sea Fury for Christmas?

Dear God please give me the skills to make it look as nice as Sandy's

Cheers for the comments , couldn`t agree more with gunpowder on how nice a model it turns out - as for getting another , could be interesting getting that past her indoors !!!!! Gunpowder yours is looking good aswell , it`s been intersting to have to same build going on to see what your thoughts have been . Am still working out how to place the gun barrels in the wings at the mo , and had problems lining up the lights on the lower wing so I filled them and intend to paint a silver disc and cover it in a gloss coat to simulate the lense. Only minor issues in a very impressive kit.

Sandy , i used white glue for the gun barrels. I put a large blob on the end that fits into the wing and inserted the barrel. That way it fills the gap well and allows for adjustment.